Restrictions -Only Between Two Times

Quick question. The restriction "Only Between Two Times".
Does this mean the rule will only execute between these two times?
Or
The Rule will be restricted between these two times?

It always says (Restricted) In Red when I reverse my settings it still says it...

Thanks.

Restricted TO be evaluated only between those times.

Events that occur before the Restriction starts, will not be evaluated. It's as if the Rule was "empty."

1 Like

Hmm so the red text that says restricted doesn't necessarily mean it's not going to execute. Weird. Thanks.

More testing required on my part.

yes, it does mean that

The restriction says: enable evaluation of this Rule only between these times. Evaluation will not occur without an event. Events outside of the restriction are not evaluated for the restricted Rule.

The RED text is a reminder that there is a restriction on the Rule and it's not being evaluated.

Said another way....

The zone where the red text appears.. gets green text for True and orange for False.. is a very nice reminder of your Rule's condition. Red means it's not going to be evaluated, no true, no false, nothing.
If it's not red, then it will be true or false. :smiley:

At a glance you can see your Rule states:
12%20PM

Very nice, I think. :smiley:

1 Like

Huh. I've never seen the true or false indication like that.

It's a Rule 2.5 + v1.1.8 (I think) So... the release before this 2.0 one?

Ok I just finally upgraded to 2.0.

I'll play around with it some more. If I think something is actually wrong I'll definitely enlist your understanding.

There red text is only updated when the rule is evaluated, so it's not always up to date on the app page. If you click into the rule you will see the real state.

1 Like

Maybe that was some of my confusion. Thanks all for the clarifications. I'll be playing with this rule.

It's to turn my daughter's light off whenever she turns it on if it's past bedtime. Then to let her turn it on if she wants to in the morning if it's still dark in the AM and wants to play by herself in her room.

She has the funniest conversations by herself in there... Oh the spying and over-controlling...

1 Like

I could have sworn that was being fixed for the "restricted" rules so they would update dynamically.

If that's the case it hasn't been released yet.

I'm on the latest version.

Apps page shows this:

As soon as I click in to my "Night Mode" rule, it shows differently:

In this thread

Not sure if that actually got done or not...but was discussed for "Restricted" rules.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.