Restore RM 5.1 rules from existing backup

Keeping track of a lot of exports could be avoided if 1 or more rules could be extracted (restored) from my backups I make. Often, I do not want to restore full backup and lose changes made in-between or create other issues

Thanks

We don't have a mechanism to pull apart a backed up database without restoring it. It is very unlikely that such a feature will be undertaken. If you had a second hub, you could restore to it, and copy the rule through export/import.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to respond. My system is running great on 2.3.3.127. That's the most important thing to me.

great job.

1 Like

You can also back up your hub, restore the backup with the rule to be extracted, export that rule to a file, restore the first backup, and then import the rule from the file.

(Yes, that was actually quicker than rebuilding the rule in question from scratch. I hope to never have to do that again.)

Thanks for the suggestion. Done that process more than a few times before. Every time I restore I just hope it comes back up ok. Too risky for me now I've gotten things working good. I'll probably stay at this version and leave my rules alone.

take care

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.