Responding to last Alexa device

I would like to send Alexa speaks notices to the device that was spoken to. Is there a way to do that? In Alexa Speaks devices there is a Boolean state variable named wasLastSpokenToDevice but in my testing it doesn’t appear to be set. Any help appreciated. Tagging @tonesto7

That option has been MIA for more than a year. I used it frequently, but Amazon took it away.

1 Like

@kewashi

FWIW, while as @Pantheon indicates, this feature hasn't worked in a over year with Echo Speaks, it can still be accessed using Node-Red and node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2-applestrudel.

4 Likes

I didn't know that. I'm not a node red user. All of my lastdevicespokento integration was with webcore. Can I somehow use node red with my webcore pistons to restore that functionality?

Can't do anything to the HE device, but you could use NodeRed to push a value to a variable and test it...

2 Likes

I am not sure how to get WebCore involved but you can definitely get Last Device Spoken To if you are willing to go down the Node Red rabbit hole.

When using the node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2-applestrudel pallet that @aaiyar mentioned, it provides the value msg.payload.deviceSerialNumber for each of your devices.

3 Likes

Thanks for this. I will take a look. But I wonder if the logic in the mode res app could be fork lifted to add to Echo speaks. Might be too much apples and oranges but I will take a look.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.