[RESOLVED] Occasional Blue Light On Hub

Understood. I forgot that I had the power cord attached to one of those cords that allow for a USB antenna to be connected. I've disconnected both and started the hub back up. If it goes blue again, I'll look at a different adapter with the specs you describe and see how that works. The hub is back online now and I'll monitor is closely.

2 Likes

I think it’s probably clear enough by now people here are pretty friendly. β– β– β– β– β– β– β– -ripping is a very rare occurrence (and usually self-induced :wink:).

Kinda sad that it’s common enough elsewhere that new users come to expect it though.

Welcome to the forums :sunglasses:.

4 Likes

Thanks Mark. I couldn't agree more and thank you. This short amount of time with people who know their stuff has likely fixed the issue.

1 Like

@bobbyD I think that may have resolved the problem. The cable that splits power and data for a wireless antenna may be the culprit. The hub has been running consistently with a green light for over an hour which hasn't been the norm. I'll give it another couple of days before declaring victory though. Thanks for your help.

3 Likes

Always a good question to ask. I am chromatically challenged and always get mildly annoyed when a tech support rep asks me "what color is the LED?" and I have to reply "well, it could be white, or maybe yellow, possibly red or green... definitely not off." Fortunately I can see whether the HE LED is blue or green!

3 Likes

Blue-Green color-blindness is reasonably common in males. I helped someone setup a hub a while back, and it didn't look like it was online. And he couldn't tell me what the LED color was - only that it wasn't red. In the end, he took a video and photos of it booting and resolved the issue. But I have felt since then that it would better to have separate white LEDs in place of combining 3 into one .....

2 Likes

I wonder if that person could tell the green - blue difference if they had some colored filter material?

At this point with all the reboots/lock ups you've had, I would ensure you have a clean database.

Goto settings>>backup and restore. Click the download button at the bottom. Save the config to your PC. (This will be cleaned while saving and free of corruption). Go to yourhubip:8081 and do a soft reset (you will need the mac address from the sticker on the bottom of your hub). On reboot restore from the file you saved on your pc.

This will make your hub happy.

Also note: Any failed z-wave pairings, stop what you are doing. Check your z-wave details page for ghosts (they won't have anything in the routing column). If there, power down the physical device. delete the device from the z-wave details page. Factory reset the physical device and then make your pairing attempt again.

3 Likes

Good advice and it will familiarize me with another part of the hub that I haven't tried out yet. Thanks very much. I would have replied sooner but I'm limited to the number of posts I can make since I'm new. I'm going to run through your advice this weekend and get familiar with it.

Hoop

@bobbyD The problem looks to be resolved. It hasn't toggled from blue to green to blue etc in two days. It appears it was either the usb splitter cable that is supposed to allow power to the hub while providing a usb port for the wifi antenna. Maybe I'm imagining things but the hub seems so much more responsive now which is one of the reasons I bought it. I've got my entire home on cloud based smart devices but the delays and cloud issues are beyond annoying at times. This hub really does things right from what I can see. Thanks again. Edit: I didn't finish the "either" part. It was either the cable or the antenna. Regardless, I can live without both :wink:

5 Likes

That's what we're here for. It's a great community and I've learned in the last couple of years, heed the advice of people who know way more than I. They go out of their way to help everyone because they're so passionate about not only the hobby but the platform. They're also generally a bunch of nice people...

2 Likes