(resolved) Day of year condition

Hi,

Would it be possible to have a "day of the year" condition for RM rules and restrictions? Like day of the week, but for the whole year (366 possible entries)?

This is perhaps a bit frivolous, but I recently went to program certain lighting scenes for use on Halloween and found I couldn't specifically limit them to only Oct 31. The only option currently is to tinker with start and end dates, but setting the same date for both is treated as all year round. Currently I'm set to start Oct 30 and finish Oct 31, which is easily tolerable but not exactly what I was looking to do. Figured I'd ask (also if there is a way already perhaps I'm blind and need to be led to it).

You could set a restriction of between two dates and have it only apply to this one day of the year. But is something really an automation if it only happens once? Why not just do it manually?

1 Like

hmmm. like ... a rule condition of Oct 30 - 31, but restricted to Oct 31 - Nov 1 ... net result being that it can only work on Oct 31.

That's kind of ingenious :slight_smile:

And if it saves me from having to remember and then go perform an action, yep I'd call that an automation. Also, it only happens once per year ... of which I hope for many.

1 Like

I just find that my setup changes so much for day to day, let alone year to year. Who knows what my setup will look like by next year. Might be turning on/off the wrong things!

Sounds like a lot of work, with Acceptance Factor ramifications ... to each their own I guess. Thanks for the suggestion - looks like it's going to work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.