[Resolved] C7 - Unable to pair Iris V1 plugs, are Iris V1 devices still compatible with C7? [Yes, they are.]

I have two model C7 hubs. Both of which used to discover and integrate my Iris V1 SPG800 plugs just fine.
I have 5 of these all of which I have factory reset several times and while my C7s discovers them they will not integrate.
I can only attribute this to software changes that have been made in the upgrades since I first bought my C7's.
What upgrade version removed the support for these devices? I would like to downgrade back to the version just prior to that so my Iris SPG800's will again function.
I have a friend who is a developer and automation expert with some of these same devices and he has discovered the same issue so it is not pilot error. This is NOT a "factory reset" issue as I am very adept at putting these back to "factory default".
He is also frustrated that he purchase a C8 and the support for the Iris SPG800 was dropped from support there as well.
This is definitely something that was "snuck" into an upgrade along the way.
Thanks.
Thoughts?

The Iris is not compatible with the C8 chipset like it was with the C3 through C7 versions. That has always been the case. I think it was in Beta testing that we found the incompatibility. The device compatibility list clearly shows the Iris are no longer compatible. Bold print at the top of the page... List of Compatible Devices | Hubitat Documentation

I didn't think they removed the Iris from C7 and earlier? Maybe I am not remembering correctly, but I thought the C7 could still pair Iris? I don't have a C7 right now to try, but my C5 shows the option presently.

3 Likes

@neonturbo’s recollection is correct.

I think that is definitely not the only possible explanation for the problem you’ve run into with your C7 hub.

3 Likes

All of my other 30 plus Zigbee's are working fine. I have not been very happy about the Chinese versions of the Iris as they don't seem to be very robust here in Texas. The Iris are pretty bomb proof. The issue with the C8 is not my issue. I never really saw any benefit in my home automation to buy a C8. My C7s just purr along doing there job, except now for the Iris V1 plugs.

Try this. I can't remember what I did the last time this happened. I vaguely recall doing something like this...

Edit the DNI for the non-working device in the settings page. Add something to it, prefix with old- or whatever just so the DNI is different. Then try pairing the device again. Does it pair now? If so, you should be able to do a swap using the Swap App.

If that doesn't work, alter the Zigbee ID on the settings page to something unique (write down the old one) and see if the device pairs as a new device. Using this Iris ID on my system, 000D5F0002909D2A I would change to 000D5F0002908C1A or something like that as long as it isn't a Zigbee device already in use. Then Swap Apps if the device pairs.

This should be reversible if you re-edit the original device with the correct numbers. Just in case, I would take a backup just before messing around.

1 Like

I have several Iris V1 plugs running on a C5 and one still running on A C7. Both hubs have the latest firmware.

4 Likes

Same...I only have one Iris V1 plug, but it's running fine on my C7, through every hub FW update released up to and including the current hub FW beta. I also have four or five Iris V1 buttons that are running fine on my C7.

I just realized I had removed the Iris V1 plug, so I put it in pairing mode and it paired right up w/my C7, no issues.

Are you sure you're using the Iris v1 pairing option, not the normal Zigbee pairing?

Worked fine for me:
2023-12-10 17_56_27-Add device

@gtracy - I edited your topic name to be clearer/focused specific on C7-Iris V1 compatibility.

1 Like

OK Danabw. Like I said it has been a while since I used these.....
Colour me embarrassed!!! Or rather bare assed.....
You are correct. I was using the normal Zigbee pairing and NOT the Iris V1 pairing as you showed.
Once I used it my Iris V1 SPG800 is now working just fine.
Can you tell that I have been having a bad time these last few weeks??
Thanks everyone for your patience and help......DOAH!!!
Now to get these plugged in to control my Christmas lights again this year.....
Merry Christmas everyone.

3 Likes

LOL...can I tell you a secret? Ask me how many times I've tried to pair Iris V1 devices using the wrong Zigbee join...yeah, a lot of times, including tonight, initially, when I was testing to confirm if there was a problem.

So no worries, we're all charter members of the "DOH!" club around here. :wink:

I did that once myself, the first time I tried installing the V1 devices. I was getting really frustrated. Finally realized what I was doing.