[Resolved] Bug? Light off after x minutes not working with RM or Simple Lighting

Yes, this should fix this issue. What was happening is http requests were hanging up without timing out causing scheduled events to then not fire.

2 Likes

I seem to be having a similar issue, and I found this 9-month-old thread when searching on it, so I'll raise it here. I just recently moved over to HE from Iris, and I had a rule in Iris for my main staircase where I have a motion sensor both at the top and the bottom of the stairs, and either would trigger the foyer light to come on for about 5 minutes. The rule was set to be active from 30 minutes before sunset to 30 minutes after sunrise. I roughly duplicated this rule using Simple Lighting in HE, but I have been finding the foyer light still on. I don't think it's ever turning off. How can I debug?

I seem to have fixed the issue by creating a separate rule for each motion sensor, but it still seems that this should have worked with the single rule that specified both motion sensors. On the other hand, maybe I am misunderstanding what it means to specify 2 motion sensors in the rule. At least for turning on the light, only 1 motion sensor needs to trigger, implying an "OR" function, as expected. But the light still doesn't turn off, so I'm baffled.

I have three in my stairs...

Please don't click the "all of these" toggle. For an OR, leave it off. The Rule summary will display "any Active"

1 Like

Thanks. I'm using the Simple Lighting app, so not really sure how it treats the multiple sensors I select. They come on, so it seems to indicate an "OR" or "Any" function, but never seems to go off. Earlier, I did try to make a rule in Rule Machine, and used the "Any" choice, but they would still not go off, so I just went back to Simple Lighting.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.