[Request] Virtual Switch - Auto Off (Additional Options)

What are the odds that we could get a few extra options thrown into the list for a Virtual Switch's Auto-Off settings?

A quick inspection and test of the list's html has shown that simply changing the value passed through (value="MS") can be changed and saved properly --- I just set it to 60000 (60 sec.) and it's functioning properly --- but it would be nice to officially have a few longer options in there for momentary uses.

Any chance that could be added? Something like 30s, 45s, 60s, 120s, and 5 min?

1 Like

I have a virtual switch driver that will go from 1 second to 24hrs or more.
With the otion to auto switch on or off.
I use it for all sorts of timers.
It will be on my website available for download soon.
When I get around to completing the website updates.

Andy

7 Likes

Cobra's driver will probably fit the bill when it's released, but depending on what you're using it for, [RELEASE] Timed Switch Helper may also work (I intended this app to tie together a virtual "timed" switch [creating the timing through this app, not the switch driver] and a "real" switch, but it would also work as just a timed virtual switch if you selected the same virtual switch for both inputs). Of course you can also do the same with Rule Machine and a lot more clicking. I know you're not necessarily looking for workarounds and sort of have one already, but maybe this will give you some ideas depending on how you're using the switch. Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions. Modifying the value in the html has been working fine, but it’s good to know there are other options. :slight_smile:

I’ll keep those in mind—perhaps I’ll be able to find a use-case for them. I’m using this momentary switch to disable an alarm for an when an automatic sliding door gets forced open. When it’s turned off, we get notifications when it’s opened up—basically we have a button on a dashboard that temporarily turns these off so we don’t have a bunch of false positives.

I also have a version that will reset the OFF/ON timer if ON/OFF it toggled again. Example: switch is ON, so OFF timer starts. If you click/trigger ON again the timer resets. Very handy to use as a dead man's switch / timeout watchdog.

2 Likes

Excellent idea!
(I'll probably steal it and make it an option )
The idea - not the code :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You're welcome to either or both. :slight_smile:

But for something simple like that it would take you less time to code it yourself than to copy my code. It isn't rocket science, as some say.

1 Like

this is great to hear, looking forward to it!

1 Like