Request - firmware notification

New user here... I appreciate that you don't push new firmware to the hub BUT it would be nice if you pushed a notification to the hub. Something along the lines that my NAS does. I log in and get a dialog box that says there is new firmware. I can go to the update page, dismiss the notification box for good, or remind me next time I log in. There is also a link to the the change log. If some users don't like the firmware check you could always make it optional.

It's a great way to both see there is new firmware and give the user control on what to do with that knowledge. It's especially good if there is a firmware update to address a security issue, something I might not know right away.

Thanks

Also a new user. On my hub I actually already get this in the form of a red circle with a 1 in it in the upper right corner. Here is an image, but no notifications are waiting.

In fact, I got a notification yesterday for the .211 version and updated.

Here's what it looks like when an update is available

And the change log...

1 Like

Sorry guys!

( In my lame defense I did read the online docs and it implied that I needed to manually check for updates)

1 Like

In addition to @destructure00’s screen shot I subscribe to the announcements category of this community where I receive an email for new posts. Only HE staff can post to that category so it’s really only an email when an update is made or new feature announced.

3 Likes

Good idea. I bet there will be a number of people signing up to this now you've mentioned it. :smile:

1 Like

Count me as one of them :sunglasses:

1 Like

said email also includes the what's-new or changelog details, very convenient!