Request: Add ability to delete parameters from a Custom Action in RM

This is a bit of a minor nit to pick, but it would be helpful.

When performing "Custom Actions" in Rule Manager 4.0 Apps, you have to define each parameter, one at a time, as you're creating the action.

On multiple occasions, I've somehow managed to click the "Add another parameter" button (probably because things jump around a few times as you enter and exit various fields).

Once you've done that, I've not found a way to "delete" the extraneous parameter. I can "edit" the value--but not delete it.

So, I have to delete the entire action--and go through the drawn out sequence (many clicks) to enter the action from scratch and hope I don't screw up again.

If there is any way to put an option in the "Edit Parameter" dropdown to delete a value (or add a "Delete Parameter" button/drop down, i would be appreciated.

I ended up with a "null" value??

I just tried it. When I backspace over the number value, it went away--but left a null in there:

Note: I actually tried to delete that parameter BEFORE I added the others. I could really only "see" it when I added the second parameter, because that's when that stray comma in front showed up to indicate that the first one was null.

Editing the whole action doesn't even seem to provide a way to edit the parms when the first parm is null (it prompts for the parameter value):

I find that if I save the parameter/action, then go back in and edit the action, select Add New Parameter, the parameter type selection box won't stay active. It appears for a fraction of a second then goes away. If I am fast enough to click the type box before it goes away, it will then stay and I can select a new parameter type. very reproducible

I too would like to be able to delete parameters :slight_smile:

I'm getting stuck with null as well, @bcopeland would that be easy to fix?

We will add a Delete Parameter button in the next release, most likely early next week. The parameters will be ordered, but you will be able to remove any parameter. It will be up to you to be sure the order, types and values are correct for the custom action.

3 Likes