Repository of most commonly used RM rules / automations

Hi guys, I am new to Hubitat (started a few weeks ago), but with each day I am loving the platform more and more.

What I have noticed is that a lot of my questions about automations are not really new and were already asked on this forum before -- perhaps in a slightly different way, are a bit more specific / general, etc.

However, I was thinking that it may be helpful to build some sort of 'repository' of the most commonly used RM rules that most people eventually ask for: 'washer is done', 'restart my router', etc. type of automations. Most of us have one and many of us wrote it ourselves, in a way reinventing the wheel.

So while writing these ourselves is always a good mental excercise and should be perhaps even encouraged, I am sure others would be also interested in learning about the most elegant / resource efficient ways of writing these rules from the best among us. To either copy with pride or simply to learn something new about logic, syntax, etc. Either way, it would be helpful.

So, would it be worth creating a dedicated section / category on this forum and perhaps a set of threads dedicated to the most commonly used automations (that don't have their own apps, but are handled via RM rules)?

Apologies if something like this already exists and I've missed it.

2 Likes
5 Likes