Report from Events?

I have an Aeotec Home Energy Monitor. Hubitat recognizes it and from the Events Box, it does collect meaningful data: running total on Total Kw and Watts at the moment.

How can I produce a report from this data? Can I use Rule Machine? Or something else.

Thank you.

What do you mean with "report"? If you mean graphing or similar, there is no native option, but several community members have created workarounds, but they can be a bit involved to set up (search for Grafana, a popular option--not for this device specifically, just something generic you can use for any device).

Or, if you just want to view recent history, there are two ways to view that. If you have a Dashboard tile, the "..." link will provide a view of history for that attribute (unless disabled). If you're in the admin UI, the "Events" tab/button on the device page will show something similar for all attributes, and you can use the search box in the upper right to filter for specific text (case-sensitive, apparently).

1 Like

Thank you for this.

I guess what I am looking for is a way to extract the data produced every so often, i think it's every 5 minutes, and then maybe save it as a CSV file or comma delimited file to then import it in Excel to produce charts and reports or the likes.

Is that possible ?

Not natively, but with custom code or MakerAPI, you can do almost anything. :slight_smile: I haven't, but it looks like someone has: Consolidated Log App?

Thank you - that steers me in the right direction.

Much appreciated.