Replacing switches and adding buttons - Use Lutron?

Looking for some direction here.
I've had HE for a couple of months and have just some basics in place (door sensor homebridge setup, couple of motion sensors) and haven't bought switches or light bulbs. (Just 2 existing LifX bulbs)

My next step would be to start replacing switches and adding some dedicated buttons to allow more control. I want an automated home that you can still control when needed. Reliability and aesthetics are high priority here as to not disrupt the home life:)

So should I invest in Lutron Caseta or something similar or do you think I could accomplish this with individually purchased items? I don't mind the cost and adding another hub if it's going to make operation and reliability simple.

For instance, I have a 3-gang switch in the kitchen. I'd like to replace one of those switches with a control panel like the Pico Remote and put in smart bulbs so people can use the button on the remote to turn on those same lights but I can automate those lights when needed. Then I can use the other buttons on the remote for other things.

I'm pretty new to this so any advice would be appreciated.
Reliability and ease of use beat $$ at this point so any suggestions are welcome.
I got the HE because of the speed and control and I'm chomping at the bit to use it fully!

Thanks,
Scott

Not too long ago prompted a discussion that may be of interest to you - here is a link to that thread:

Then you may also want to look at this thread:

Thanks @Eric.C.Miller I'll take a look at those 2 threads.

Scott:. I would be happy to answer any questions or discuss what I have learned. I am only a few weeks into the Lutron+Hubitat integration and implementation. In those threads you will see the Hubitat team also had considerable background in Lutron.
So far I am really liking Lutron and how it works with Hubitat.
E

1 Like