Replacement for Enbrighten 40A direct switch?

It appears that the Enbrighten 40A direct z-wave switch is no longer being produced? What have you found for a suitable replacement?

I found DEWENWILS Pool Pump Timer, Outdoor Wi-Fi Box and Suraielec WiFi Pool Timer, Outdoor Indoor Smart Switch on Amazon. (I'd post links, but this silly place won't allow it for some reason)

But after much searching, I'm unable to tell if either of these have a Hubitat integration.

Aeotec makes one -- Heavy Duty Switch - Aeotec

ETA - Join the Owners group here in the community and you can post links -- it's just a spam/bot defense for new accounts.

1 Like

I have this for Zigbee and it's pretty great.

1 Like

I am using a contactor controlled by simple smart relay. This is a bit DIY project but very easy to create it:

1 Like

I tend to first look at what I can do myself (as you have).

I've found plastic enclosures at Home Depot the will easily allow power in and power out, sealed if needed. The addition of 50A relay with a 120 vac coil operated by smart switching module and you are pretty well there.

I have four of these Sinope Zigbee 50A load controllers. They are an excellent product! I've never had one skip a beat.

Thanks. I have one of the Aeotec heavy duty switches, but I don't think it would pass an inspection. It doesn't have standard US wire connections and clamps. Unfortunate that a company with a good reputation didn't put the product in a proper enclosure.

I also found this one as well, but again, nothing shows up in a search for Hubitat integration.

Speaking broadly, any wifi stuff is unlikely to have an integration (native or community-developed) unless the manufacturer has a public API available.

1 Like

I used the Dewenwils WiFi one myself for a while prior to getting the Enbrighten, and I would recommend against it. Automation aside, it wasn't nearly as robust as the Enbrighten and I would look elsewhere. I've heard good things about the Aeotec; I just needed something with local controls as well.
If you have to use something WiFi, most likely it would at least be compatible with some other automation product (I used Alexa to interface with the Dewenwils) and then Alexa can be interfaced to Hubitat. Not a perfect solution, but it worked.