Remove admin on Used device

I purchase a Hubitat on ebay and is register to the original owner i send and e-mail to the owner and to the seller and ask to remove the admin but no response, Is any way to remove the admin from the device.

Probably need @bobbyD's assistance

1 Like

Sorry, I'm new with Hubitat and yes I need some assistance with this device

Can I take ownership or the device is a waste of time

Unfortunately I don't believe this is something you can fix yourself.

Hubitat support can help transfer ownership, but they aren't on here 24/7. By thebearmay tagging bobbyD (Hubitat support) they can get this handled for you. BobbyD will probably message (PM) you tomorrow morning requesting some information from you.

Oh and welcome to the Hubitat forums!

1 Like

Thank you so much for the info

@bobbyD

1 Like

Please send me a PM with your account email along with your hub's MAC address and will help you.

2 Likes

Hi BobbyD I just have another issue I dont have the Message button
NOTE: If the "Message" button is not available, it means that your community account has not met the minimum system requirements to pass the spam protection.

Don't worry, I figure out the issue, and now I have the button

No problem, I updated your account. Now you should see the message button.

Hi @bobbyD, I bought a Hubitat device from Amazon and it appears to have been used before. There is an admin email address that I cannot remove. I also don't see a Message button to be able to send a PM. Could you enable that for me, please, so I can get some help removing the current admin account and setting up one for myself instead. Thank you!

This should not have happened. On occasion Amazon sends out returned merchandise when they shouldn't. Go to support.hubitat.com and click warranty returns. They'll take care of that right away.

5 Likes

Join the owner’s group on here and you’ll automatically get the appropriate trust level.
https://community.hubitat.com/g

6 Likes

Please be sure to open a warranty case as mentioned above. We are sorry for the inconvenience it is equally frustrating for us when Amazon resells returned hubs, luckily it doesn't happen often. Additionally, if you could send me a private message (after joining the owners group) I could probably speed up the resolution process for you.https://community.hubitat.com/g

I have the same issue, but I am unable to message you directly

Join the Owners group and you should get messaging capabilities. Hubitat

2 Likes

Thank you. I have now done this and was able to send a message.

Complete Newb here :joy::joy:

1 Like