Remotec ZFM-80 Problems

I have a Remotec ZFM-80 and I am having all sorts of trouble with it.

When I have it paired and using the built in device driver, (I'm on v2.2.4.145) I get these events in the log - only when it's close to the Hubitat:

When opening the device page and clicking "On" or "Off" I get these events:
parse description: zw device: 1E, command: 2003, payload: 00 , isMulticast: true
parse description: zw device: 1E, command: 2003, payload: FF , isMulticast: true

When I click the physical button on the device, I get the same events. Shouldn't I get different events saying that the button was pressed?

Then when I move the device into the garage, I don't get anything in the log. But yet I can still control the device from the device page. Even when the device is being controlled via zwave, I still don't get anything in the log for the device.

Not sure what to make of this. I've excluded the device, left it unplugged, added it again without any trouble - as long as the device is next to the Hubitat. I was not able to add it from in the garage at all.

I also can't get any of the auto shutoff time setting to work at all.
Update: I noticed that the auto off function only works if it is set to 1m or greater. No way to set it for less than that? Is that a limitation of the driver or the device?

Anyone have any experience with this device on Hubitat?

-Alli

This device doesn't have any button capabilities.

You're going to need a repeater somewhere between this devices final location and the hub.

1 minute is the minimum that the device supports.

After installing your repeater you should be able to include the device whilst in the garage.

If that doesn't sort it, let us know.

I changed the device type to a Generic wave relay and now I am able to set the auto-off functionality to under 1 minute.. I have it set to 1 second and it is working. I can change it to 5 seconds auto off and it goes to 5 seconds.

Is there any info I can help provide? I'm guessing that I shouldn't get more functionality using a generic driver versus one designed for this specific unit.

Here is a pic of the device:

Here is the logs from the same device, first set to the Remotec ZFM-80 driver, then the second using the generic zwave relay driver which works with 1 second auto turnoff.

Remotec ZFM-80 Driver:

Generic Z-Wave Relay Driver:

I also wanted to add that things are working better now that I have changed to the generic one. But, I know that is not what is supposed to happen - I would guess that things should work better with the named driver for it so let me know what info I can gather from this device so I can help improve it for others.

The generic driver implements the shutoff in software, the remotec driver in hardware, other than that no, appreciable difference between the two.
If the generic works for your use case, keep on using it.

1 Like

Ahh... makes sense. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.