Remote Admin and 2 Admin Users

So, went to try to look into Remote Admin, and it says that I can only have one Admin user (my husband is the other admin)
Is there a way to change his user level, besides removing/deleting and re-adding?
I am concerned I will have to set him up all over again.

Thanks!

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=How_to_correct_a_Multi_Admin_error

Thanks. However, that just indicates how to remove the other account.
I want to know if there is a method to just change to a regular user.

I believe it allows a user to be demoted to guest, just as the user was originally promoted to admin. There’s a recent reply in this forum to me from @gopher.ny explaining all this. I will see if I can find it.

Yep, here is my question, followed by his reply, starting with this post here:

So how do I go about demoting the other user from Admin to Guest??

1 Like

I haven’t tried, the docs led me to believe that it was straightforward. I am waiting for all the chaos to die down. It’s hard for me to see the benefit because I rarely admin remotely, and a vpn works fine for the times I do.

It won't let you subscribe to hub protect with two admin accounts either, and I actually want to have two admin accounts. Really the main thing holding me back.

Using the remote admin is the only time that seems like it would make sense to have multiple admin accounts so the owner could have one and give one to someone else to help them administer it. Before the remote admin option I think the admin right really only controlled who could add users and/or remove hubs. Hopefully they will fix that limitation.

on this topic are there plans to fix this issue. because it is good to have a 2nd admin in case something happens to the first. .ie death.. i want to have my son as a second admin.

if there can only be one admin for subscription and remote admin then we need to be able to have multiple admins and designate which one it is vs what we have now!

2 Likes

Larry, did you read my question in the other thread that I linked to above, and the back and forth posts that followed? I don’t believe your concern is an issue. I had the same concern.

1 Like

thanks sounds good. i will go back and add my son as a guest. then

Okay, i think I am beginning to understand/

But back to my original question - do I have to remove my second admin account, and then re-add as guest? Will that do anything to any of the rules for their devices I have set up?

Is there no way to demote a user to Guest (from admin)?

I had thought there was, but, apparently there is not, once the user has been promoted to admin. Seems the user has to be deleted, then added back as guest.