Remote Access down

For some reason I cannot access my hubs remotely. I have the remote access setup on the account (through a C7 hub that is no longer online - migrated to C8). Unfortunately, I cannot access remotely now. Any suggestions??

Is there a specific hub you cannot access or none of your hubs can be accessed? If only one, please send me its hub id so I can check on it.

They are all down at this time.

My network is up and running though...I can access the NAS, router, surveillance cameras...etc

Well, the good news is that Remote Admin service is enabled and active on all hubs as expected. The not so good news is that none of your hubs are currently connected to the cloud. If it was just one hub that wasn't connected, it could have been isolated, but not having any connected is hard to imagine that all went down at the same time. Are they connected to the same network switch by any chance?

They are all connected via ethernet. Each one is eventually routed to the same switch (master switch with all my hardwired gear)

Doesn't mean they're getting out. Are they static ips? If so press the network reset button on the bottom of the hub for 7 seconds with a paperclip or toothpick. It is the only round hole out of all the square ones. If you can see them and get updates (current .103) then it's a DNS issue

I them all set to an IP address assigned by the router...not assigned on the hub.

I believe the problem is solved. The migration transferred the static IP address in the HUB. I had also assigned a DHCP reservation (different than the original hub...didn't want to have to restart the router for each migration). The static IP from the C7 transferred over and did not match the router reservation. The router did apply the correct IP address...obviously a small conflict though. Everything seems to be working out.

I needed the static IP/DHCP reservation because the hubs kept dropping from my intranet.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.