Reliable OUTDOOR temperature sensor

I am reminded that "where it really matters", and in situations of inaccessibility -

redundancy of sensors & repeaters is important and worth the $...not only for unit failure, battery failure(buy the best), but also for a cross-check;

e.g. is that temperature that seems to be anomalously high, or that motion, corroborated by another sensor of the same type, or even better, a different type?

As he types in the wee hours of the morning after being woken by a motion sensor triggering in an outbuilding, ...not by a person but... likely by a mouse that climbed higher than he/she was expected to.

1 Like

Funny how wanting to type lofty ideals can make us assess our own situation.... :slight_smile: speaking from experience...

I use Sonoff, has worked great for over a year now.

1 Like

Thank you!! ... I'll see if i can get it flashed

1 Like

In my case with Alexa announcing it at 2am, 2:15, 2:30...... :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

well I have tried and tried to get the 8226 flashed with konnected tried 3 different wires 2 different boards 2 different PC's . I have installed the V1 drivers as stated in the instructions.. All I get is a spinning wheel

Any suggestions?

@careingemt

not sure mate, I've done 30+.... maybe someone else can assist?

=/

-=edit=-

misread ....you did mean 8266, yes?

-=/edit=-

yes 8226

There we go then. That's not the ones I use. Mine cost about 2 quid.

possibly im confused now

Here is what I am calling a esp8226 node mcu

this is not what you are using

esp8226 nodemcu

It’s 8266.

Not 8226.

ok my bad ... can the esp8226 be used as the link i provided?

Your link is correct, i.e. 8266.

Don't get a 8226. Doesn't work. Wrong one.

1 Like

my bad

ok that is what i have been trying to flash the 8226

2 Likes

Hi @johnr ,
I am on the lookout for a new outdoor temp senesor. Any thoughts to report back on the Sensitive strip after using it for a couple of years? I also wondered if the Sensetive strip sends readings with reasonaly regular intervalls?

As a temperature sensor it works fine. I would save it reports between in average between intervalls between 45min - 1h 30min depending on how the temperature changes.

The negative things about this sensor:

There is no optimized driver for it. Using the the generic temperature driver will not display the lux value.

The humidity readings are not reliable, right now it has showed 100% humidity for two weeks, by other sensors shows around 70%.

1 Like