willing to offer any help ?

Sure.

Flash the konnected firmware to the nodemcu

Install hubitat drivers

DS18B20 has 3 wires.
Data - > chosen konnected pin
Ground - > nodemcu ground
Power - > nodemcu 3v

If you want something a bit different, you could try SensorPush. Not Zigbee or Z-Wave, these sensors communicate via bluetooth with an app on your phone or with a gateway that allows remote monitoring and sensor readings to be stored in the cloud. They store close to a months worth of readings on the sensor itself, these readings then sync with your phone when you are in range and / or get uploaded to their cloud storage if using the gateway.

Battery life is about two years, and I can back that up myself, perhaps even longer, but a CR2477 isn't cheap. Neither are the sensors or the gateway...

They seem to have expanded the range since I bought mine, they now include pressure and other conditions, as well as waterproof versions.

I like the idea, like my Hue lights, that this is both self-contained system, but also something I have been able to integrate with my HE hub, though sadly using the cloud. I wrote a driver that downloads the current readings from the cloud periodically to a virtual device on my HE hub. These readings then get pumped out to InfluxDB / Grafana for charting. I plan to eventually sync any readings from the cloud that are missed, but have not started work on that yet.

Simon

1 Like

I am reminded that "where it really matters", and in situations of inaccessibility -

redundancy of sensors & repeaters is important and worth the $...not only for unit failure, battery failure(buy the best), but also for a cross-check;

e.g. is that temperature that seems to be anomalously high, or that motion, corroborated by another sensor of the same type, or even better, a different type?

As he types in the wee hours of the morning after being woken by a motion sensor triggering in an outbuilding, ...not by a person but... likely by a mouse that climbed higher than he/she was expected to.

1 Like

Funny how wanting to type lofty ideals can make us assess our own situation.... :slight_smile: speaking from experience...

I use Sonoff, has worked great for over a year now.

1 Like

Thank you!! ... I'll see if i can get it flashed

1 Like

In my case with Alexa announcing it at 2am, 2:15, 2:30...... :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

well I have tried and tried to get the 8226 flashed with konnected tried 3 different wires 2 different boards 2 different PC's . I have installed the V1 drivers as stated in the instructions.. All I get is a spinning wheel

Any suggestions?

@careingemt

not sure mate, I've done 30+.... maybe someone else can assist?

=/

-=edit=-

misread ....you did mean 8266, yes?

-=/edit=-

yes 8226

There we go then. That's not the ones I use. Mine cost about 2 quid.

possibly im confused now

Here is what I am calling a esp8226 node mcu

this is not what you are using

esp8226 nodemcu

It’s 8266.

Not 8226.

ok my bad ... can the esp8226 be used as the link i provided?

Your link is correct, i.e. 8266.

Don't get a 8226. Doesn't work. Wrong one.

1 Like

my bad

ok that is what i have been trying to flash the 8226

2 Likes