Reliability is gone

If it is enabled it looks like this.

1 Like

Your hub will work as is (to reboot via http post). You don't have a login enabled.

1 Like

Thanks for the reboot info!!! Do you think I don't have the same screen that @Brandon has bc I am downlevel or something?

No, the difference is:

1. @Brandon has a login enabled for his HE (while you don't)
  2. His screenshot was taken using a mobile browser (while yours looks more like a desktop browser)
3 Likes

Well- a bit of an update from my original post. I have now gotten nightly reboots working, have done a soft reset, and recreated a couple rules... and basically I am still having problems. Tonight I came home and 2 Christmas circuits were on while the other one was not... as soon as I run the action on the rule... the 3rd circuit goes on... so something flaky.

This is extremely disappointing as my experience so far this year with HE has been great. I think what I wish is that I could go back to the platform version a month or so before RM 4.0 came out. I only started having problems about that time.

Sigh....

Ha, ha, ha! You guys are funny. Just because I am a "workaholic" doesn't make me special.

It is Facebook group that has nearly 2000 members, but that is four times less than the number of community users :wink:

4 Likes

Apparently super Bobby is not enough. He wanted Ultra-Bobby. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I am having new issue since last update. Hub seems to have less slowdowns. But Zigbee network goes offline every day. Reboot brings it back. Web interface seems to still responsive...

I'm not sure why you are having the issue but I would try disabling and then renabling the zigbee radio instead of rebooting and see if that brings the radio back online.
Much quicker to complete.

What kind of device are you controlling? Specifically, the devices that failed to switch. I rescanned the thread but couldn’t determine. Is it/are they Z-Wave or Zigbee device(s)?

@murzik One comment I've read and am happy to parrot, is that the ZIgbee radio will shut on overheat. The regularity you're seeing makes me wonder.. The Hub has airflow holes on the bottom.. maybe flip your hub over for a day or two to see if a reduction in obstacles has a benefit?

1 Like

HI @srwhite, These particular devices are Zigbee Peanut Plugs

I have older HUB with USB stick. Hub is in open area... 100% not overheating. I recall that Zigbee would go offline if hub does not have enough resources... I was experiencing slow downs on daily basis before last update. But before last update I would notice slow downs in automation and in web interface access usually after dark, when most rules work...
I contacted support. Hopefully bobbyD can do his magic :slight_smile:

True, @bobbyD has the best magic.

Based on what happened to me recently (and the fact that there are so many "...since the last update" reports lately) I wonder if there could be something amiss in the firmware update process itself, and if possibly some of these issues are not related to hardware, devices, or firmware at all--just how it gets applied.

Reason for saying this is I just (well, the beginning of December) got around to applying 2.16, as luck would have it the day before 2.17 was announced. My C-3 had been running for 30 solid days without a single reboot or incidence of notable lag. Hub Watchdog's data collector was reporting mean delays in the .04 range; coincidentally (or not?) I had offloaded all Echo duties to my ST Hub when this period of good behavior began.

Having seen the usual "...since updating" trouble reports when 2.16 had come out, I held off as I usually do. When the one month reboot anniversary came up and 2.16 seemed stable I figured it was time to update. And within one day of applying 2.16, my network pretty much fell apart. Delays measured by Watchdog immediately became noticeably longer and my "HE Degraded" virtual switch (which I have set to turn on from the app's delay notification threshold I have chosen) turned on and stayed on. Typically it may turn on once or twice a day around 2am but usually is off. Several hours later, all Zigbee devices failed to respond. The settings page showed "PAN ID Null" and Zigbee channel had reverted to 11 (from its usual 18). I rebooted the hub which restored the normal Zigbee channel, but the delays persisted. So I rolled my firmware and database back to 2.15, assuming that just maybe I tripped over something in 2.16 that didn't go well with my network. So now 2.17 comes out and some folks revert back to 2.16 to resolve their issues...

Things are still peachy here on 2.15. When the holidays are over and I have time to fiddle I will probably update, but I'm starting to wonder if the firmware update process itself is disruptive to the network. As a former longtime user of the old X10-based bug-ridden CM15A, I have memories of having to do multiple batteries-out resets of that device to cure problems that would surface within hours if something in that thing's power-on reset sequence didn't go well....

I do not think it is an issue with the updates per say, but the database becoming corrupted. I see slowdowns with my hub that randomly start after having no issues for 1-2 months. The only way I find that fixes this issue seems to be a soft reset and then its good for another 1-2 months. While restart/powering off the hub will help, it is only a temporarily fix and usually within a couple days the issue returns. When I was on 2.1.6 and encountered a slow down it was particularly bad, of course once I did a soft reset everything was running smoothly again.

Well for me the soft reset hasn't done ANYTHING to improve my situation. Well... ok... maybe a TINY bit but when I left this morning, all my SUNRISE lights were still on and it was well past sunrise.... and yeah my timezones etc are all correct.

I am pretty sure I am going back to a previous firmware... I think things got messed up around the same time RM4.0 came out... I don't know what else to do... :frowning:

I think I still have an option to go back to 2.15... I'll check tonight... I hope I can get there... Does 2.15 have RM4 or still 3? I like some features of RM4 but I think I need to go back before it.... to get back to the good life.

Have you tried re-creating rules that have given you issues?

RM4 came out back in July, so a bit before 2.1.5.

Yes, RM4 came out well before 2.15 though there might have been some updates since. They would detailed in the release announcements. But I'm curious if repeating the firmware update process back to the latest release would fix any issues. I plan on giving that a go when I have time.