Reliability is gone

I just wonder what the point in forcing Zigbee network to rebuild(panic) with every reboot? You are not moving devices around the house every day I would imagine...

Not with every reboot.

But perhaps, only once a week. (If you've done some moving around. If not don't do it.)

P.S. Other competitors (e.g. Vera did a Zwave Repair every night!)

Vera also reloaded the LUUP engine every 6 minutes. Didn't make it a good thing.

2 Likes

I don't think that this makes sense either. My last ZWave repair was done over two months ago and I have no problems. I have not added/removed/moved any Zwave devices therefore I don't need a repair.

A Zwave repair is really "only" needed if you

• add a new Zwave Device
  • remove a Zwave Device
  • factory reset a device and rejoin it
  • physically move a Zwave devices from one location to another
3 Likes

Still, is there a way of doing a z-wave repair from RM?

There is back door way if you don’t use authentication, by sending a specific http request to the hub. There is no way at the moment if you do have authentication enabled on the hub

EDIT: see here

4 Likes

Gotta love the "backdoor port". :wink:

3 Likes

Sorry to ask assuredly a stupid question here... but how do I turn off authentication? I've gone into Hub Login Security under Settings and all I see is this:

If it is enabled it looks like this.

1 Like

Your hub will work as is (to reboot via http post). You don't have a login enabled.

1 Like

Thanks for the reboot info!!! Do you think I don't have the same screen that @Brandon has bc I am downlevel or something?

No, the difference is:

1. @Brandon has a login enabled for his HE (while you don't)
  2. His screenshot was taken using a mobile browser (while yours looks more like a desktop browser)
3 Likes

Well- a bit of an update from my original post. I have now gotten nightly reboots working, have done a soft reset, and recreated a couple rules... and basically I am still having problems. Tonight I came home and 2 Christmas circuits were on while the other one was not... as soon as I run the action on the rule... the 3rd circuit goes on... so something flaky.

This is extremely disappointing as my experience so far this year with HE has been great. I think what I wish is that I could go back to the platform version a month or so before RM 4.0 came out. I only started having problems about that time.

Sigh....

Ha, ha, ha! You guys are funny. Just because I am a "workaholic" doesn't make me special.

It is Facebook group that has nearly 2000 members, but that is four times less than the number of community users :wink:

4 Likes

Apparently super Bobby is not enough. He wanted Ultra-Bobby. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I am having new issue since last update. Hub seems to have less slowdowns. But Zigbee network goes offline every day. Reboot brings it back. Web interface seems to still responsive...

I'm not sure why you are having the issue but I would try disabling and then renabling the zigbee radio instead of rebooting and see if that brings the radio back online.
Much quicker to complete.

What kind of device are you controlling? Specifically, the devices that failed to switch. I rescanned the thread but couldn’t determine. Is it/are they Z-Wave or Zigbee device(s)?

@murzik One comment I've read and am happy to parrot, is that the ZIgbee radio will shut on overheat. The regularity you're seeing makes me wonder.. The Hub has airflow holes on the bottom.. maybe flip your hub over for a day or two to see if a reduction in obstacles has a benefit?

1 Like

HI @srwhite, These particular devices are Zigbee Peanut Plugs