[Released] Rule 4.0

It cancels all delays that are currently delaying.

All delays with cancel. But, how many can you have delayed at one time? Selective cancel is not available.

No, only those with Cancel selected.

I want the fan to go off after everyone leaves and the way it is now if one person leaves then it goes off. I have read all the literature on the rule 4.0 and have try a lot of different iteration of this rule but I just not getting it? It may be simple but it eluding me? The rule I have it working in rule 3 but want to learn 4.0 but it bugging me that I can not get it? All I want is the fan to go off after everyone leaves? But I'm missing something just don't know what it is?

Yes, but the question was

And within the context of the question asked, the answer is all, since the requirement to have a cancel was already implied by the question.

Just like you said. Put the nits down and stop picking at them.

If I have a rule with 2 triggers. When it is triggered I have a Delay before it does something. If a second trigger occurs before the delay times out, is that delay cancelled and another one started, or is there 2 delays going on? Hope that made sense.

It is canceled only if the delay has the cancel option selected and delayed actions are canceled. If you have an example rule, it would be a lot easier to show you what you need than to talk in the abstract.

This is an example from my system...you can see that If a motion sensor goes active, I "cancel delayed actions". That is the only way that the delay timer gets canceled.

So you need "cancel delayed actions" after every single action and not just one for the entire "if" statement?

Because I have the following and the light just stays on. I originally had it at the end of the "else-if" and still the light did not turn off after the delay.

That will only cancel if one of the doors open.

But it will also only turn the lights off after the door closes. If motion were to go active during that timeout, the light would still go off because motion is not a trigger. Only if motion is inactive when the door is closed will this rule work.

I would recommend that you add motion changing to the list of triggers.

Yeah I had the motion as a trigger but removed it as I was messing with the rule. I want it to work so that if any door is opened or motion is active the light goes on and only when all doors are closed and no motion should it turn off after 5 minute delay. Also opening any door/motion should cancel the delay. But the light never turns off even after adding motion as a trigger.

The light will never turn of now if the motion sensor is active when the door is closed. What trigger did you add? motion going active or motion changing?

Yeah that was my bad forgot to change motion trigger to "changed" instead of the default active.

Here is my rule. In my never ending battle to get better presence control. IF either of us arrive I wait 10 seconds to make sure at least one of us is still arrived to try and eliminate false arrivals. 75% of the time it works find. But occasionally it never sets the mode to Home. And if I look at logs, events, it shows the arrival as being valid and not changing back to gone. So trying to figure out if the second trigger is somehow reseting the delay, starting another delay, or what is going on.

Could you try this :
1/ Keep you trigger Events : ...Door any "changed "
2/ Select Actions to Run
IF ( ... Door any open ) THEN
On: Basement Lights
Cancel Delayed Actions
End If
IF ( ... Door all closed ) AND
Basement Motion inactive AND
Basement Lights is on THEN
Off: Basement Lights --> after a delay of 0:05:00 minutes ( cancel )
End If

That will only work if Motion is Inactive when the door is closed. If motion is active when the door is closed, the light will never ever go out.

Yeah adding the motion as a trigger so what I was missing, it does work now.

On an unrelated note I noticed in the post above your rule has multiple "cancel delayed actions". But I thought a "cancel delayed actions" in the same if-then-else-endif statement will cancel all delayed actions that have "cancel" selected? Really I am trying to grasp around where to place "cancel delayed actions" within a rule/statement.

You could do this:

If Door opens:
Cancel Delay
On Basement light
Else If: Basement Doors closed
WAIT for Basement motion condition of inactive
Delay off 5 mins.
End-if

But might I ask, if you are triggering off the door closing, then why do you even have a delay at all? Motion isn't going to keep the lights on if it isn't a trigger, so I'm not sure why that's in there.

They are happening because of different conditions. One cancel will cancel all delayed actions eligible for cancel but that doesn't mean you can't have more than one condition that would cause a cancel to occur. They are mutually exclusive statements.

You really are making this a lot more complicated than it is.

No I understated you can have multiple different conditions that can cause a cancel, but I thought the point of the "Cancel" button under delay is to enable a cancel and the trigger was the "Cancel delayed actions" So I am not seeing the point of adding multiple "Cancel Delayed Actions" in the statement.

Because they are triggered by different conditions!!!!

Okay, let's break this down.

I have motion going active canceling the delay.....

Then i have motion going inactive on one sensor cancleing the EXTREMELY long delay I have for that sensor.

They are two separate conditions that I want to cancel delayed actions. They will not happen at the same time so i need to list them separately in the rule. Both conditions will cancel all of the delayed actions. I probably could lose one of them but i just left it since i changed the rule around. But i absolutely have to have two of them. Otherwise that really long delayed off of an hour will still be pending when the lights turn off. And i don't want that causing the lights to go off if i turn them back on.

What don't you understand?

This explanation makes more sense now. I think for me its just I have been using the older versions of RM for so long I am used to it.