[Released] Rule 4.0

Would it be possible to allow us to use %mode% the same way we can for %device%, %time%., etc?

Thx

Could you give a use example? Include the context you have in mind.

I just want to send the Home Status to my phone using Notify from time to time.
But to be able to get the Mode I have to this.

And I cannot use the DashBoard, especially when driving :slight_smile:

If that is in an app that is triggered by mode change, the mode is already in %value%.

Nop, it will be triggered using a schedule and not on mode change.

How about a little trigger that is triggered by mode change, and puts mode in your GV?

I'll think about building it in, but it's easy to do now.

That's a good idea.
But been able to work with Mode as %Mode% would be great also.
Maybe in RM 4.01 :slight_smile:

Bruce,
Can you also consider adding %mode% variable to the list of Mode choices to the RM for temporary Mode changes.

For example,
IF DayMode AND IsDarkOutside
THEN
%mode%=Mode
Mode=Evening
ELSE
Mode=%mode%

I don't understand what you're asking. There is no %mode%. Above that was a GV that I used as an example.

Sorry for the confusion.
I understand that %mode% variable doesn't exist yet, but there is a way to get it using the trigger with GV. However there is no way to assign this GV to the Mode yet, so I'm asking to add this if possible to cover situation in my example.

So you mean set the mode from a string variable? That might be doable. I'll look into it.

Yes that's what I meant. Thank you for consideration

After the update, all of my 3.0 rules stopped. I had to go into each one and click update for any portion, now they work again.

I'm still wrapping my head around v4 after being used to v3 and earlier but I just took three rules and turned it into one with nested ifs. My kitchen automation seems way more reliable now and doesn't at times seem to delay at random anymore.

Thank you so much for nested ifs.

so I did this

is there a way to directly feed the motion sensor temp to the virtual thermostat without the global variable?

Yes there is!

1 Like

@bravenel re: cancel delayed actions.

Does this cancel all delayed actions (with a cancel flag) within the entire rule or just those within the particular nested if statement that it is in?

If it is the entire rule, is there a way to do it just for a particular nested if statement?

Trying to figure out why the below rule still leaves the light on when all of the else-if statement variables are true.

Cancel Delayed Actions is in the wrong place. It's cancelling the delay it just starter. It should be after the "IF ... THEN" statement .

@bravenel

Will it be possible to add "http PUT" as a method for send http request?

I'm trying to control my Harmony hub via ha-bridge locally via HE (because ha-bridge exposes Harmony paired devices even when they aren't used in an active activity).

Thanks!