[Released] Bulb Color / Color Temp Buttons

Bulb buttons is an application - driver set that installs a virtual device with buttons for Color and Color Temperature Selection based on the user bulb selection. The user can then use these buttons on Dashboards to provide single push color / color temperature. Users can select from 22 buttons to implement:

• 12 pre-programmed color buttons
  • 8 pre-programmed color temperature buttons
  • 1 color toggle button that toggles through the 12 colors.
  • 1 color temp buttons.

Requirement: Bulb must have associated capability implemented:

1. Color Control
  2. Color Temperature

8.27.20. Updated link address.

6 Likes

Blub blub blub :nerd_face:

Thanks for this, I have an overly complicated set of rules to cycle through colors depending on date, this should make it a lot easier :slight_smile:

1 Like

And you know how to modify the driver to make you happy. My intention.

1 Like

Just added a 14th button to pick a random color. No idea if this is best syntax but it's working for me so far.

case 14 :
		Random rnd = new Random()
		push(rnd.nextInt(13)+1)
		break
1 Like

Did you think about randomizing hue(0-100) and saturation (0-100) rather than the buttons. I might add that myself.

You overestimate my abilities :rofl:

That sounds like a better idea than making one button push another.

Only other suggestion I'd have (trying to figure it out now) is to rename the states to correspond to the button numbers. Or some similar way to associate button numbers to what they do, without having to open your GH page to see the cross-reference.

1 Like
	case 14 :
		def hue = Math.abs(new Random().nextInt() % 100) + 1
		def saturation = 100 - Math.abs(new Random().nextInt() % 100)
		parent.setColor(bulb, [hue: hue, saturation: saturation])
		break
1 Like

Nice. If I always want saturation 100, this should work right?

Yes it will work.

Previous post: The driver has Attributes that correspond to the "Hubitat" color name. I use Attribute tiles above the button. There is no way to change the label of a button.

1 Like

These are my standard dashboards for the bulbs before adding the random option. I will be updating to add the random.

2 Likes

Could someone provide a little more direction from after installing the App and Drivers, to buttons on dashboard?

I believe this is the way to get the bulb tile in place.

In the dashboard builder, press the +, set the row/column, select your light, then select Bulb as the template.

Press Add Tile.

As for the color picker tiles, I have no idea.
I followed the same process above, but chose color bulb for the template.
All I ever get is a pop-up asking me to set a color.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.