[OBSOLETE] Zooz Double Plug

Thanks, I'm only using it as a repeater right now, so I'll wait until the C7 FW update and then go back and fix it.

Really glad you're here on HE, I was a regular user of your ST DTHs/apps, and always appreciated your extremely helpful posts.

@krlaframboise I'm seeing an odd error in my logs related to the Zooz plug. I've included the plug as a secure device on a C7 hub.

Full log error:

2020-09-28 14:27:05.747 errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: zoozDoublePlug.parse() is applicable for argument types: (hubitat.zwave.commands.supervisionv1.SupervisionGet, java.lang.Short) values: [SupervisionGet(statusUpdates:false, reserved:0, sessionID:11, commandLength:10, commandClassIdentifier:50, commandIdentifier:2, commandByte:[33, 50, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0]), ...] Possible solutions: parse(java.lang.String), wait(), run(), reset(), run(), grep() (parse)

I was seeing same error if I remember correctly and they didn't work reliably. I re-paired them unsecurely and that error went away and they seem to be reliable now. If someone knows the cause, I would consider re-pairing securely.

EDIT: This is using the built-in driver.

The built-in handler supports all the features and I figured they would have fixed the bugs by now that were causing users to use mine so it wasn't worth spending time adding the S2 related code and I was planning on marking mine obsolete...

Interesting thanks for the quick updates. I'll roll to the internal driver, Which built in Hubitat driver works best here?

I'm using Zooz Double Plug

Did you pair it securely and did you have the error that @tedrpi showed?

Didn't see a need for it to be secure so I have no security at all on it.

Definitely seeing the errors using the built in Hubitat driver. Guess I'll exclude and re-pair insecurely, disappointing.

@agnes.zooz any suggestions on a working driver for S2 paired double plug?

There should be a fix for it coming in the next HE platform release.

2 Likes

Still getting errors on the built in driver for these. I'm on a C7 hub, platform version 2.2.3.148, and device firmware version 2.0. I've tried using @krlaframboise's driver, but it is not being selected when including the device. I've tried excluding and including multiple times, doing a factory reset, rebooting the hub, and deleting and adding the driver back to my custom drivers. Am I missing something?

Edit: I finally managed to do an insecure inclusion using the built in driver. It's no longer spamming my log with errors. I still don't understand why it won't select the custom driver.

@Derakkon - as Agnes from Zoom says below, an update for the double plug is coming in Hubitat next release 2.2.4. I've set mine aside until then, just not worth fighting with it at the moment. :slight_smile:

If I understand all this autodetection, I assume that there is a fingerprint that isn't matching in the custom driver (or maybe is the same match as built in?), so it selects the built in driver which does match or is the first in the list.

In some ways it doesn't matter IF it chooses this driver over another driver. You just need to change it to what you want. There are a lot of times where the match is simply "device" and you have to switch drivers after the fact.

It’s weird cuz I have one working fine.

Can’t remember if I had issues pairing or not.

I know that now. I am sorry for venting. I was just tired and frustrated that it wasn't working and was taking down the Z-Wave network with it. Ironically, I mainly bought these to try to improve my Z-Wave network for devices on the other side of the house :roll_eyes:. I am still relatively new to Hubitat, I've only had it for a few weeks and am still trying to learn how certain things work. For instance, I thought that selecting S0 was how to do an insecure inclusion and didn't know that I just had to unselect S2.

I was under the impression that since the native driver automatically creates child devices, that they can't be deleted or changed without exclusion and inclusion of the parent device with the custom driver. Also, I would think that if the fingerprint is the same, shouldn't it select the custom driver over the native driver? And how do you find a device's fingerprint to check if it matches?

Are you on a C7 hub? Also, are yours connected with S2 Unauthenticated or Insecure? For me it's only causing issues if I use S2 with the native driver.

I didn't have any issues pairing. It just started slamming my network with errors after pairing.

Anyway, since doing insecure inclusions, they are working now and do seem to be helping my farther devices stay connected. Thank you guys.

Ah, neverminded. I just found it under Z-Wave details and in the clusters column of the device. It does match with the custom driver.

1 Like

C7 and no security so maybe that's the ticket. I then set the options as:

That made it way less chatty. But it will still report every time the wattage changes but I'm using that for triggers so that works for me.

Hopefully the new firmware will resolve it for S2 and possibly add some other logging options that can be turned off if not needed.

I just upgraded my C7 to v2.2.4 and the Zooz Double Plug works for a few minutes after powering up then then goes "dead" and does not respond to any commands. Is there something else I need to do setup wise since upgrading to v.2.2.4 to get this issue resolved?

Also having problems over here, my ZEN25s are intermittently turning on and off and cannot be controlled through the hub. I have tried 2 z-wave repairs and shutdown/unplugged/turned back on my hub. Tried removing one of my plugs but now I can't get it added back. Super bummer, been waiting months for this fix...any hope that I'm just doing something wrong? Running C-7 hub on 2.2.4

Update-
They appear to be partially working. Having trouble adding back the one I excluded. The 5 others that I have seem to be half working. A few times they have worked right when I hit the button, other times it takes forever and goes on then off and back on. Distance wise I have a zooz plug that is sitting right by the C7 and it is having the same issues (device info says it is routing direct).

Update 2-
Aaaand should have checked the rest of my devices...with my ZEN25s plugged in none of my other devices work, which is the same thing that was happening before 2.2.4. When I unplug them the rest of my devices work again. So it doesn't look like this update fixed anything with regards to these switches unless I am doing something wrong. Looking at the 2.2.4 change log it doesn't mention ZEN25, I saw ZEN27 and thought it might have been a typo...but now I think it may not have been included in the changes? @bcopeland can you shed some light?

Update 3:
@k5map Getting things working now I think... I have a feeling that the ZEN25 falls under this line in the change log

C7: Zooz Zen30 Double Switch: Fixed multi-channel incompatibilities. (note: device must be included without security due to reporting quirk in the device)

Meaning that we have to remove it and add without S2. I did that with my first plug and it appears to be working well and responding fast. I don't know that this is much of a "fix" though because this is the workaround people have been doing since before the 2.2.4 update. Was hoping that 2.2.4 would allow us to keep S2 but looking like not

I've been beta testing 2.2.4 and it has made my Zen25 much happier, reliable and responsive. I have it joined S2 Unauthenticated.

However, there is a caveat - if I move it "too far" from my hub (~35') all hell breaks loose and it can't be controlled, won't respond. At a closer distance (18') it's working again.

I have other Zwave plugs farther away that don't have similar issues, not sure why the Zen25 seems to have more trouble routing to the hub from farther away.

Be interested to hear if joining w/out secuirty results in improved behavior w/your Zooz25.