[RELEASE] Zemismart Zigbee Blind Driver

I don't think switch is a good template since it can only open/close. You can try programming yourself with the rule engine and see if you can find something that works for you.

Good idea … let me try ….. keep you guys posted

Hello. Using the Rule machine, I have been able to create two virtual switches and link them to fully up and fully down shade. Half of the job is done.
The only thing missing is to link the "stop" button from the Zemistart Zigbee driver with a virtual button. I do not see anyway to call this "stop" button from the driver.
When this stop button is pressed, it allows to push again button up or down. If this "stop" button is not pressed, up and down buttons do not work until the opening or closing process is fully achieved.
See picture below

The idea is to replace the center button in the picture below with the Stop button

Any idea? Many thanks in advance

You can use the action in rule engine to call a custom action and call the stop() function on the driver. See Rule-4.0 - Hubitat Documentation

1 Like

It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks a lot ..... Now it is behaving as expected.... really appreciated. Thanks

1 Like

Once I pair the motor with my HE hub, can I just straight up ignore all the other instructions from the Zemismart box because those can be accomplished through HE now?

I should ask: if that's the case, then how? I can't seem to figure it out from the driver controls and just playing around. I'm getting an error, too, when I pressed "Start Position Change":
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_driver_amosyuen_ZemiSmart_Zigbee_Blind_425.startPositionChange() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [open] (startPositionChange)

I think you will need to use the remote to set the open and close positions before it will work with hubitat.

INTERESTING... specifically a remote (not just the buttons on the body)? I have >5 of these and they're all behaving differently. One consistent detail, unfortunately, is that I can't get the limits to work. My buttons in HE are also kinda dumb in that I only have the 0-100 slider. I've seen others here who have "open" and "close" buttons on a dashboard, but I can't figure out how they did that!

I've read through this thread now and I was wondering: You need an extra remote to set the limits? I can't find anything on Zemismarts HP on that. Can anybody give me a link for that? Thank you. :slight_smile:

Setting the limits depends on the model. AM43-0.45/40-ES-EZ doesn't use a remote, but others do. You should follow the instructions you get with your model to set the limits.

1 Like

I can't get this to install at all. If I use Hubitat Package Manager it immediately says:

Error Occurred During Installation

An error occurred while installing the package: Failed to install driver https://raw.githubusercontent.com/amosyuen/hubitat/main/zemismart/Zemismart%20Zigbee%20Blind.groovy. Please notify the package developer..

And if I try to just add it from raw code it says:

unexpected token: } @ line 150, column 1.

Ah, looks like there was a stray bracket. Fixed it in latest version.

Also added:

• pushable cutton capability
  • configurable thresholds for open / closed state

Thank you very much Amosyuen...

I have also purchased a Tuya Gateway looking to use It as the device to setup the UP & DOWN limits. However, my surprise is to discover that Zigbee technology cannot connect to more than 1 hub at the same time making the HUB useless. ( my bad)

Do you know if there is any way to ( in the future) add the limits management to the Hubitat driver for the ZM25TQ?
Do you know if we can put some pressure on Zemismart and see if they can release that part of the code?
do you know if this is technically feasible?

I also assume that pushable cutton capability & configurable thresholds for open / closed state are for a different device like the AM43-0.45/40-ES-EZ` model

Thanks...

Do you know if there is any way to ( in the future) add the limits management to the Hubitat driver for the ZM25TQ?
Do you know if we can put some pressure on Zemismart and see if they can release that part of the code?
do you know if this is technically feasible?

It really depends on how their hardware and firmware, so only Zemismart knows.

I also assume that pushable cutton capability & configurable thresholds for open / closed state are for a different device like the AM43-0.45/40-ES-EZ` model

Pushable button and configureable thresholds are all hubitat specific and so aren't specific to any models. Pushable button is a convenience for hubitat integration with rules that push buttons. Configurable thresholds are for determining what UI state to show open/close/partially open at what positions.

thanks. I have asked the question to Zemismart...... finger crossed

I have received an answer already from Zemismart. They do not have access to the code.... It seems they are not the ones owning this code. ;-(

Has anyone looked to see if we can get the battery status from the Zemismart blinds? I have Ikea blinds as well and it is handy to charge them in advance of running out of battery.

I haven't figured that out, but I'm here to say that I'm interested, too.

I actually just came to the forum to search and see if there was a driver available that reported battery as well. So I'm definitely interested as well!

So the button fields don't really do anything for the AM45? How would I write my rule(S) using the button fields in the driver? (And a big thank you for creating this driver)