[RELEASE] Z-Wave Firmware Updater

Something broke. Neither the regular version nor the binary version are pulling version reports anymore, tried on both zooz & inovelli switches, none paired securely. (didnt try uploading).

Nothing shows up in the logs or events tab even with debug enabled.

CC @bcopeland

Yes.. I’m aware.. Fix coming soon

6 Likes

Is it going to be updated to work with S2 Auth soon :pensive:

Thank you. I've had a hell of a time trying to get my basement lights working, and am hoping a firmware update will help. I even tried putting them on my old ST and of course still have the same issues. Will look forward to that. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the efforts. I'm a new user to Hubitat (I just purchased the C7 and was trying to transition from HomeSeer due to the better rule engine in Hubitat), and have been greatly frustrated by these C7 issues. Its nice to see that people from Hubitat are trying to respond quickly. Looking forward to seeing a fix soon.

I used this and changed it for what I saw. For a LZW30-SN, with a sleepy device problem.

OK - so now I can update my inovelli devices with the updater. 2.2.3.142 is working.

Takes a bit to do two updates per switch.

Now I'm confronting the work that doing 30 more is going to take.

Any chance we are going to get batch updating?

I am trying to update a Zooz ZEN21 switch with the latest firmware. I get as far as Padding Hex Bytes... and it hangs. I have the message,
"errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method and() on null object on line 461"
in the logs. I looked through this thread (long thread) and it seems to be a common thing that it is caused by a bad link. I'm using the link,
"https://www.getzooz.com/firmware/ZEN21-V4.00.zip"
that Zooz sent me this morning. Any ideas?

It's a zip file.. you have to unzip it first.

1 Like

OK. So, if I understand. It needs to be a .otz file someplace that I can access it as a url, not on my local computer.

You are correct! You either need to host a web server of download it from another.

I think it's possible to host it in the file manager? Sure some have said that :thinking:

It is fairly easy to do via Github. Even a dummy like me figured it out pretty quickly.

You can put it in the file manager. You just have to remember that when the hub calls itself you need to use port 8080

2 Likes

not working for me see attachment.. says device is sleepy.. so i changed back to stock driver did a refersh and it answered it was on mains.. so it is not asleep. this is the aeon ver 7 repeater..

I just installed my new C7 and successfully updated the firmware to 2.2.3.145.
After that I also started the Z-wave firmware update, but that seems to be stuck. It is displaying below message for over an hour now:

Does anyone has an idea or advice what to do now?
I am afraid i will i brick the unit if i try to reboot it...

[edit] In the mean time i found out it was still accessible through a new connection and i rebooted the hub. Seems to be running fine at this moment. But i still have to add some devices and hope that will still work too... [edit]

[edit2] All is working fine and if i try the update again it states it's already the latest version. Phew... :stuck_out_tongue: [edit2]

Has anyone found firmware updates for GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus outdoor switches? I have a half dozen of these, albeit first gen models (apparently there is a newer gen 2 version available). I didn't have any luck finding downloadable firmware online. My switches are all working fine on the C-7 hub, just curious if anyone has tried to update the firmware on them...

I am of the opinion.. If it ain't broke, don’t fix it.

8 Likes

GE has never released firmware for any device. And they have publicly stated that on Reddit and other places. It would be a miracle to find firmware floating around out there.

3 Likes

Can confirm with Zooz devices anything joined securely will fail. The app throws a "sleep device" error.

1 Like