[RELEASE] Z-Wave Firmware Updater

So even if the device rejects it.. It should say so... And we get nothing back

Ok so. I finally got it to work. I updated a second dImmer I had and that worked perfectly, I then tried one of the 2 Red switches and now the 1st one is working I got past that issue and is at 18%. So Im not sure why that happened, but after updating the dimmers it seemed to start to work on the switches.

I have no idea why it didn't give an error and no idea why it is working now. Ill let you know after this one is done and if the 2nd one works

1 Like

Awesome

1 Like

I'm trying to update my Inovelli LZW30-SN and keep getting the "wake up sleepy device" I turn off/on the switch didn't help? Is there something else that I need to do. I download the firmware to my computer and put it in a new folder just to update? Thanks

1 Like

Not sure on that one.. Several others seem to be having the same issue.. The device is not starting the transfer or sending a report:. Some had it start working after resetting the device and re trying the update..

i think everyone got it though after a couple of tries

I will reset and try thanks

1 Like

See the posts above 2 others got it to work eventually:. Something twitchy in the update process on that one device

So the 1st one finished finally, the 2nd one same issue. I have copied a screenshot of the logs. I'll keep working at it and see if there is something I'm missing.

1 Like

Could it be a signal issue? How close is your device to the hub or good repeater? I noticed issues when trying to update an "outdoor" ms6 - got repeated failures until I moved it indoors and reran firmware update.

2 Likes

I'm trying this for the first time this morning as well. When people say they have success after resetting? Do they mean just air-gapping it for a few seconds? or doing a factory reset?

1 Like

Yes.. As far as I understand from their posts

2 Likes

Blockquote
Yes.. As far as I understand from their posts

Ok I have the issue on both of my LZW30's. I'll try some stuff (including just waiting a while) and see if I can discover a pattern or particular steps if I get it working

1 Like

I don't think it is a signal issue, but always possible. I have 3 other Black series Inovelli switches in the same area, so the signal and repeater should be good. I have slowly worked to grow my mesh over the past 6 months. But i'll give it a try

2 Likes

This is a twitchy firmware version.. It is the same one that sends a switchBinary report in response to a basic set

Which is fixed, along with many other issues in this new firmware version... So I think after this the next firmware update to this device will run a lot more smoothly

2 Likes

So the only thing I see that is different between the one that worked finally and the one that is not working in the logs is right after it seems to go through all the pre-checks it immediately gives a "Locked by: (Blank)". and then it locks up and asks for the Please wake up your sleepy device. So I feel like it is giving the proper errors and doing what it should.

I agree that I think its the Firmware version on the switch that is giving the issue right now. I'll keep at it.

Thanks, @bcopeland for a great release!

1 Like

Thank y'all .. The response and feedback to this release has been phenomenal..

6 Likes

i'm assuming the flashing is completed is that correct or do I need to wait longer ?
reddimmer

1 Like

Yep.. that's the end.. That is the last message the device will send.. When it boots back up the response is whatever that type of device sends so there was no way for me to trigger another message saying it was finished booting back up..

2 Likes