[RELEASE] Xiaomi Mijia Smart Light Sensor GZCGQ01LM (Zigbee 3.0)

No worries, if there is anyone who deserves to have some time spent on them for debugging issues it is you :slight_smile: It is getting late here though, will go to bed in about 1 hour.

1 Like

There's no rush on this for me!

I'm still writing code here, so no worries :slight_smile: I'll be done with what I had started in about 1 hour, that is why I said I'll go to bed in about 1 hour. :stuck_out_tongue:

No luck with changing batteries ..... but I did turn debug logging on. So maybe there's some useful information.

Tried it one more time:

In a way this is useful, what you got now was the "Invalid Reading" error for lux. It might be worth leaving this device to see if it reports a correct value eventually. So what is important to note is that it now looks correctly paired, though it is still missing a BIND response.

1 Like

Will do - I'll leave it alone for a day.

Configured maximum report interval is 1 hour, but that setting might be ignored. Let me know how it goes tomorrow, if it doesn't work by then I'll see if I can write some extra diagnostic code to test with.

@markus
Hi I have the exact same issue, Mine dropped off the Zigbee mesh when I was trying to setup my new Xbee3, I re-joined it without deleting it and it gave me a huge lux reading that never changed. I then reset it and deleted it from the hub. I joined it again and now it has been about 30 min but no battery and no lux reading.

P.S. When I joined it without deleting it the battery level showed -500 and the lux reading was above 300000 lux.

Let's wait until tomorrow, if all returns to normal by then there is nothing to do, but otherwise I'll see what I can come up with and if I can replicate the issues.

1 Like

Okay will check again tomorrow.

FYI I have occasionally seen battery levels of -999 when first paired but it always resolves itself and starts reporting correctly.
Never had the lux issue though. :thinking:

1 Like

Got bored. So I removed both devices from HE. Restarted the HE (accidentally), and then paired both of them.

Both are showing lux perfectly now. One of them is also showing battery perfectly. The other isn't showing battery yet - but I'm sure it will populate soon (Edit: battery is now also shown)

Strange - don't know what caused this, but it all works well now.

I also don't like waiting :wink: :grin:

Deleted the device, moved it next to the hub and then paired it again and all is working, battery and lux. Maybe it does not light pairing through a repeater? Only thing I can think of?

I had the exact same issue you did when I paired mine a couple of days ago. First no lux then 3576843.
Whether or not it was just luck I ended up changing the minimum reporting interval, initialized it and then repaired and it work straight away.

1 Like

Nice! Does sound like an issue with HE that required device removal and a reboot, but I don't understand that at all. What could be broken for that to have an impact?

This is the part I don't understand, when the device is deleted the risk of not sending all commands on time during pairing is high due to the delay inherent in selecting the driver instead of already having it selected. Great it is working though!

If this could be recreated reliably as an issue it would be something to change, but I don't see how that could be it? Thank you for mentioning it though.

1 Like

Tried all of the above but still get 3576843 IL readout.
After removing device, rebooting hub and reinstalling no IL. After adding again aswithout removing crazy # for IL.
Am i missing a step?

SB

Oddly enough the exact same 1 i installed 2 weeks ago had zero issues.

Can you post the pairing logs? It might help @markus diagnose the issue. When I had this issue with two of them (out of 4), only three BIND confirmation were being received. When they paired correctly (i.e. both lux and battery worked), there were four BIND confirmations ....

The only thing left to try is short-press the button on the device once and wait 5-6 seconds, if that doesn't work try with a 1-2 second interval for 5-6 seconds. This sends the configuration commands again.

This issue is an odd one, try changing "Minimum Update Time" to 60 before doing the above. This really isn't supposed to happen and I can't reproduce.

Oddly enough it's the fresh install hold till reset, then waiti 6 seconds and press that worked. I'd been dpoing push after long press of every 2 seconds (like i do other Aqara devices) that gave it the crazy IL reading,

Working fine now - much thanks for all the help!

SB

2 Likes