[RELEASE] Xiaomi Drivers with Health Status and Zigbee2MQTT

Getting the same response.

Thanks, hmm, you only have one library installed and it's not the Xiaomi one, both the "General" and "Xiaomi" ones are required to make things work and they should both be installed automatically. Let me have a check through this.

Could you try running a repair with HPM and seeing if that installs the library properly?

UPDATE: Just tried deleting the library here and using repair - puts everything right. I don't know why HPM isn't installing the required library, everything appears to be correct at this end (otherwise the repair function wouldn't work either).

If you could flip HPM into logging with debug and trace logs and post them here, perhaps HPM mage @csteele will know what's going on? :slight_smile:

Dunno.. installs fine for me :frowning:

Hubitat Package Manager
app:870 2022-10-15 07:08:32.593 PM info  Installing Xiaomi Aqara Temperature and Humidity Sensor WSDCGQ11LM
app:870 2022-10-15 07:08:32.170 PM info  Installing library
app:870 2022-10-15 07:08:31.072 PM info  Installing library
app:870 2022-10-15 07:08:30.962 PM info  Downloading Xiaomi Aqara Temperature and Humidity Sensor WSDCGQ11LM
app:870 2022-10-15 07:08:30.578 PM debug Install beginning
app:870 2022-10-15 07:08:30.575 PM debug prefInstall
app:870 2022-10-15 07:08:27.096 PM debug prefInstallVerify

I now have one driver installed and two Libraries, one, innovatively named "library" and the other "xiaomi" - I also have a pair of Bundles added:

Screen Shot 2022-10-15 at 7.12.03 PM

Hi, I made a repair of HPM and manage to install all driver, now I will repair and hope to work fine aqara temperature and humidity.
Rest of the driver after a few hours is stopped communicating.

I will come back in max 1 day if everything is OK.

Thx
Nick

Perhaps it wasn’t an up to date HPM, I’d not thought of that.

Are you mocking my excellent library naming scheme? :rofl:

Yes
No
Maybe.. could be it's too inventive. No one else would think of it. :smiley:

2 Likes

I think part of the problem is that the top-level Bundle page doesn't show the namespace. When click on the "library" entry, you see that it seems to be called BirdsLikeWires.library, which is a bit more unique.

But maybe the Bundle name is still just library ...

Sorry.. this dry sense of humor I have doesn't seep into words as well as I like.

Yes, I was teasing about the name... and of course the purpose of including a namespace is to force uniqueness only within a namespace. "Library" is a perfectly good bunch of letters. Like top 10 most popular passwords, it might be in the near the top for library names. :smiley:

3 Likes

Updating HPM fixed the issue for me. :blush:

2 Likes

Hi birdslikewires,

unfortunately after 1 night my sensor did not communicate with HE.
It is mounted outside, under the roof.
:frowning:

Nick

The driver does nowt with regard to the radio communications between your devices and the hub, it just processes what it receives.

The only advice I can give is to make sure you have a repeater not too far from the device and seeing as you're using Xiaomi kit, check the mesh advice section in the first post.

These devices are incredibly troublesome in mixed environments off a Xiaomi mesh, though I'm using them flawlessly with HE by giving them their own mesh to communicate over.

Hi birdslikewires

I have also 2 QBKG25LM with crazy malfunction, only 3-5h and then disconnect.
I have 1 Ikea signal, unfortunately here it is no longer sold.

But, I have the Aqara hub, do you know if I can do something with him? what I read until now cannot find any integration with HE, now I'm using like a night light.

Thanks for answer,
Nick

No, I have one too and the only useful thing I could do with it is use it as an indicator light through HomeKit. I hold onto it in case there are any world-changing firmware updates to the switches, but as they work perfectly I'd probably not take the risk even if there were.

Do you have anything on the mesh other than your Xiaomi gear and the IKEA repeater? Other devices, including Xiaomi's own wired switches, can cause their battery devices to drop from the mesh.

Hi birdslikewires,

I have this:
Aqara:
2 switch with 2 buttons without neutral (mesh disable)
2 switch with 1 button without neutral (mesh disable)
6 Ikea bulb (mesh activat)
10 sonoff mini ZigBee (mesh activate)
1 Ikea repeater (mesh activate)
10 door contacts
Some outlet but on z-wave

My heating system is Salus with ZigBee devices (about 15) but is on different channels (I already checked)

My house is in 200sqm, 2 floor and 600sqm land, and need to cover all.

Any suggestions?

Thx,
Nick

hello friend, how do you disable the mesh for some devices? I'm interested!

1 Like

@birdslikewires My Aqara WSDCGQ11LM temp sensor has become very chatty. I think it is since 2.3.4 but I can't say that for sure.
The sensor has been working fine for about two years.

My hub gives an alarm saying the device gives too many events.

Too many events may degrade hub performance. Please check device settings and reduce reporting frequency if possible.

Do you know if anything is changed in 2.3.4 or can you add some kind of settings for the frequency reporting?

I just hopped up to 2.3.4 yesterday, but can't see anything related to these drivers which would be causing it - though I think something must have changed because I'm getting hub load alerts across all three of the hubs I use now.

Where do your suspicions that it's the WSDCGQ11LM? Looking at my logs the two I have are perfectly fine. But yes, I do see hub "elevated" and "severe" warnings all of a sudden, which weren't there in 2.3.3. And the hub running my WSDCGQ11LM climate sensors doesn't have the new HomeKit integration enabled.

I just changed the battery. I came to remember that I’ve seen that a low battery can cause strange things.
The sensor reported 92% battery level but after replacing the battery it looks ok again. Will report back if the high load comes back.

I wouldn't have thought that a 92% reading, causes problems, it's more likely that removing and reinserting a battery reset it.
I always measure batteries (albeit without a load) taken out and put back in if > 3.0v.
New battery usually measures 3.2v in date, off load.

Haha, "Nowt" you Yorkshire?