[Deprecated] Xiaomi / Aqara ZigBee device drivers (possibly may no longer be maintained)

It definitely has standards, but they are at a different level than Z wave standards. It's actually much more similar to Wi-Fi. There's no guarantee at all that two different home automation devices using Wi-Fi will be able to understand each other. The message content is not part of the Wi-Fi protocol standard. Just the transmission format. The same is true for top level Zigbee. It's a message transport protocol, not a message content definition.

Zigbee goes farther than Wi-Fi by providing the profiles, which do standardize the message content. But their use is optional.

I realize. I meant with regards to communication and function. :slight_smile:

Interesting read, but the last comment in that article confuses me. Zigbee 3.0 is supposed to be able to join legacy networks, and legacy devices are supposed to be able to join 3.0 networks. Hereā€™s a Silicon Labs KB quote to that, I believe the Zigbee alliance website makes the same statement.

ā€œZigbee 3.0 has been designed to allow for interoperability between zigbee 3.0 devices and legacy HA and ZLL devices. With proper configuration, ZLL and HA devices can join zigbee 3.0 networks and similarly zigbee 3.0 devices have the functionality to join legacy legacy networks operating with either ZLL or HA networking. This KBA will help you understand the configurations necessary for allowing this.ā€œ

How does this differ from ā€œbackward compatibleā€ in your post?

Lastly, @veeceeoh, if you want to get started with webCoRE, @ogiewon has done all of us a big favor and posted all the fixes and modifications needed to the webCoRE code, to make it run on Hubitat,

Forgot to post a link to what I was referring. Given below is the fork that can be directly pasted and used in Hubitat. (Credits go to Ogiewon and other who contributed to it.)

1 Like

Zigbee 3.0 is a big topic with a lot of tiny technical details. :sunglasses: Since neither the hubitat hub nor the Xiaomi devices are using zigbee 3.0, I donā€™t want to hijack this thread. Why donā€™t you start a new thread to discuss Zigbee 3.0 and Iā€™ll be happy to continue there.

1 Like

As always @veeceeoh, thanks for the driver!

Iā€™ve got two questions. hopefully theyā€™re both quick!

1. is there an air-pressure capability? Currently, the driver for the Aqara temp/humidity sensors only report the ā€œTemperature Measurementā€ abd ā€œRelative Humidity Measurementā€ but do expose a pressure value on events that get fired off. Iā€™ve managed to update one of the apps i use (the MQTT bridge: [PORT] Hubitat MQTT Bridge) to also use the pressure valueā€¦ but it got me thinking as to why the driver only reports 2 of the the devices three capabilities.

2. is there a ā€œreleasedā€ event for the aquara buttons when theyā€™re configured in momentary mode? I see the runIn() call calling ReleaseButton which should fire off a call to getContactResult which should log to the event log a Button was released message, right? I donā€™t see these ā€œreleasedā€ messages showing up in the event log for any given button, but i do see the Button was single/double/tripple clicked messages. Thoughts on what i might be doing wrong (is my ReleaseTime value set too low (currently 1 sec?)? Or is there something else that i can do / help with to figure out why release events are not showing?

Thanks for you time. Appreciate all the effort :slight_smile:

1 Like

The aqara button release event is reported as a button 0 press.

1 Like

Sure, but my question is around why other things on the hub canā€™t see the ā€œreleasedā€ events.

When the button is in ā€œtoggleā€ mode, i see a ā€œbutton pressedā€ and a ā€œbutton releasedā€ event in the hubitat event log. When the button is in ā€œmomentaryā€ mode, i only see ā€œbutton was {s/d/t/q} pressedā€ events, but no ā€œbutton was releasedā€ eventsā€¦ the state of the button is always at some positive integer; it never returns to 0. Is this something that can be done w/ ā€œmomentaryā€ mode? it looks like runIn() should fire the ReleaseButton functionā€¦ but it never does. Is there something iā€™m missing / not configuring correctly?

The log looks like it is working.

But your right, the event log only shows the press 1. I had press 0 working previously, perhaps I broke it.

I will look into it.

Update the code, I had to use sendEvent in the ReleaseButton function.

Not that I'm aware of. Since there is zero developer documentation for Hubitat, my lowest common denominator guess (because I hate to assume) is that things work the same as in SmartThings, until we find out otherwise. And ST doesn't have an atmospheric pressure capability. To know for sure, we have to ask the Habitat folks.

Despite all this, I'd also have to guess that, just as can be done with ST, enterprising individuals can write Apps which look for custom events for triggers or conditions that aren't supported through a capability.

The only thing I could find was Sound Pressure

They do actually, as do we: capability "Pressure Measurement"

Aha. Would it be possible to publish a list of capabilities supported somewhere? I think thatā€™d take some of the guesswork out of independent developersā€™ work.

1 Like

Currently we support all the ones ST has implemented with the same commands and parameters ect, we attempt to document notable exceptions (button for one).

So this: SmartThings - Develop is the same as Hubitat save for buttons? Pressure Measurement is missing from that list. @mike.maxwell

Interesting, yes we should have all the capabilities in that list, and youā€™re correct Pressure Measurement is missing, I swear it used to exist, I had a driver over their that used it.
I also checked our code, we donā€™t have it eitherā€¦, oh well.

1 Like

One of my two Temp/Humidity sensor dropped offline two days ago. Both were working fine for a couple of weeks then the one decided to take a vacation. Doing the reconnect got him to rejoin the family again but then he dropped out again. Going to delete and repair to see if that will help.

how far away are your Temp/Humidity sensors from the hub?
I was having similar problems with my 3 Temp/Humidity sensors but I moved my hub to the main floor basically in the middle between all 3 and it has been much better (knock on wood).
I think there is a bit of a limited range with all the Xiaomi sensors.