[Deprecated] Xiaomi / Aqara ZigBee device drivers (possibly may no longer be maintained)

@SmartHomePrimer I could if that helps, though my current house has been a PoC for my new house build so I have moved stuff around. If I had to guess the map will likely show 3 Xiaomi's repeating through the 2gang GPO and/or 2gang Kitchen given there current locations. If your still interested though I can do that on the weekend.

@joel_dj & @veeceeoh my Nue products were purchased around May/June this year so they are all Zigbee 3.0. I assume those older ones were Zigbee HA1.2 and caused people a lot of grief?

@veeceeoh As far as I can tell Nue only allow dimming off the 1gang dimmable switch but they also sell 1 ,2 and 3gang non-dimmables. I have purchased the 1gang dimmable (also has a + and - physical button) but there is currently no working HE driver for them but it's being worked on by HE staff so in the near future I can try that out too. I have plugged it into a led downlight though and physically dimmed and it works great.

1 Like

No not necessarily. More of a rough guide. There are other devices that can use XCTU and there is other software, but that’s the one I’m familiar with, and I think most of us here are as well.

Which ones? I’ve only seen z-wave in Australia.

Again it’s not to convince me, it’s just for the community, and when we make recommendations to others, that beyond a shadow of doubt, that it does indeed route the device. It’s something that several of us did when we started recommending the IKEA TRÅDFRI outlets. And if I remember correctly I think I at first offered anecdotal evidence, before @veeceeoh confirmed it. And he knows so much about Xiaomi, that for me, it added a lot of confidence in my recommending the solution to others.

1 Like

this one: CONTROLLER SWITCH 240V W/LESS HOME AUTO | Jaycar Electronics
it appears on zigbee certified site. so hopefully it's all good

@jchurch yep the older ones are causing me grief + the cost of a sparky to uninstall. :frowning: but they are really annoying me so i'm done. I am excited to move my whole house over to lifx tho. I originally got the nue switches to save money rather than doing my extention in lifx downlights. but that was a mistake

To be clear for others reading this: the new ones are likely to work fine if they are zigbee 3.0 but the older ones don't work overly well. Which are not sold anymore anyway

1 Like

Understood. Until I move into my new house I won't have everything configured but once I am in I will have 14 x Nue switches. I had then planned to deploy Xiaomi sensors across the house so I can definitely report back then and provide a very detailed mapping. That said though we may find that the new Xiaomi T1 sensors are out by then so it may no longer be a problem..

At this stage then @veeceeoh i'd definitely mark them as "further community testing required" or something as it's worth further investigation from others.

1 Like

Hi, guys. Is there any way that Xiaomi Aqara power outlets can be supported? They are by far the most economic ones that include power metering. They are supported in Smartthings using this driver: XiaomiSJ/devicetypes/shinjjang/xiaomi-plug-sj.src/xiaomi-plug-sj.groovy at master · shin4299/XiaomiSJ · GitHub

Well I don't own one, and I have no plans to buy one just for the purpose of building a Hubitat device driver.

I could try adapting that SmartThings device handler, but I'm afraid it won't be very soon as I am extremely busy at this time.

I have quite a few Xiaomi plugs I used with SmartThings (but replaced all of them with ikeas).
As far as I know they don’t report power metering, but temperature.

Or is there something I missed?

The ST DH I copied reports power usage with those plugs. It was the most reliable DH I used since I had my hub.

Ah clear.
It’s been awhile since I used them.

Has anybody tried using one of these yet?

I've been looking around for pressure, humidity, and light sensors, and this has all three for a good price. I need it to do humidity at least once per minute, pressure once per 3 minutes, and light once per minute or so. I just keep hearing mixed things about aqara, with the single review on that page saying to remove zigbee repeater devices (doh)

Yes, lots of people have used those. There is a driver for them in this thread. There aren't a lot of sensors like this, so it's one of few Xiaomi devices I've kept despite getting rid of most of mine. I'm not sure if anyone here has ordered that exact one from Amazon (you can almost always find them cheaper elsewhere if you don't mind waiting for international shipping), but it looks like the same thing. The advice about repeaters in that Amazon review isn't 100% accurate; this thread, especially the summary in the first post, has what the community has discovered about these devices to date: Xiaomi & Aqara Devices - Pairing & Keeping them connected

There's just two as far as I know. That Aqara model and the round one (might be Mijia branded). They're both Xiaomi, but my understanding it the square one shown is the one to get. That's the one I have and it works and stays connected better than any Xiaomi device I own, other than the Natural Gas Leak Detector.

I wouldn't buy from Amazon unless I was in an extreme rush to get it. Prices are almost aways higher than Gearbest, Banggood or Ebay sellers. Depending on where you live, Gearbest and Banggood both offer fast shipping. I buy from Gearbest and Banggood often, and I get 15 day shipping to Canada for just a few dollars. Pretty reliably 15 days or less. Aliexpress is another place to buy, but I prefer to use PayPal with Chinese sellers, not my credit card, so I avoid purchases from Aliexpress even though they are usually the cheapest place to get them. They are also the slowest to deliver in my experience.

Based on these requirements, you should not use an Xiaomi / Aqara sensors.

Both the Xiaomi & Aqara Temp-Humidity sensors only send reports when there is a change in temperature or humidity and the reports are not based on time intervals. This behavior cannot be adjusted or changed at all.

The Aqara motion sensor only sends a lux value report when motion is detected, never based on a repeating time interval. Again, this behavior cannot be adjusted or changed.

1 Like

Have you thought about using @ogiewon HubDuino for this?

I have these sensors. They report only once an hour. They also report when there's a change. You definitely cannot configure them to report at defined intervals. Also, they don't do lux - only temperature, pressure & humidity.

Here's the event log from the one in my garage - as you can see, the event recording frequency is not what you need.

On the plus side, if you have Aqara compatible repeaters, like Tradfri plugs, the Aqara sensors don't drop off the zigbee network.

1 Like

Actually reporting on a change will work just fine, so long as they can do it pretty reliably, and the change reporting interval isn't absurdly long. I'm intending to use these for two purposes: Bathroom and laundry room humidity control (extractor fan), and air filter replacement (hence pressure sensor.) Lux on motion works as well as a distant third intended use will be for automatic light control on movement detection (just don't want the lights to turn on when the room is already lit)

Anybody have any major issues with these and what I'm trying to accomplish?

Only thing with Arduino is I know all of about nothing about it :slight_smile: I'm reserving that for my garage door and wired door sensors that came preinstalled as I don't like any of the off-the-shelf solutions I've found so far (none of them are cost effective, except for myq which I don't like for its required cloud connectivity.)

You make it sound like that is a bad thing. It is good thing, you can learn and play with something new!!!!