[Deprecated] Xiaomi / Aqara ZigBee device drivers (possibly may no longer be maintained)

[UPDATE] v0.6.1 of Xiaomi MiJia Honeywell Smoke Detector device driver for Hubitat

So while working on the new Xiaomi Gas Detector driver, I noticed a typo I made in the Xiaomi Smoke Detector driver code which will prevent the sensitivity level change feature from working. That has been fixed.

Also, I have learned that there is a way to ask the device what its currently set sensitivity level is. This can be accomplished in this driver with a new Check Sensitivity Level command, found in the Hubitat hub's web UI device details page for a paired smoke detector. Press that command button in the web UI and the smoke detector should return a message with data representing the currently set sensitivity level. For now, this data will only show up as a debug log message (your driver will need debug messages enabled).

If anyone with a Xiaomi Smoke Detector could please report back with debug log output that occurs immediately after using the Check Sensitivity Level command (if it is actually working), then I can use that data to add code to parse the response message and produce a plain English info log message (and perhaps a state variable that can be viewed on the device details page.)

The updated Xiaomi Smoke Detector driver code can be grabbed from here.

Detailed List of Changes

• Fixed a typo that prevented sensitivity level change command from working
  • Added Check Sensitivity Level command (untested) which should result in a message from the sensor (received as a debug log message) with data representing its currently set sensitivity level.
  • Improvements to description / explanation text in the header section of the code
1 Like

1 Like

Thanks, @guyeeba! This four lines of log output tell me three things I need to fix in the driver! :rofl:

So, sensitivity level "67174400" corresponds to "high". What catchall message do you get if you Check Sensitivity Level after setting the level to medium or low?

Medium:

Low:

Strange...

But this one is even stranger: One more Check Sensitivity Level press causes this:

Hmm, well I think the Zigbee write attribute command that sets the sensitivity level might not be working.

sensitivity -> [0x04010000:"High"],[0x04020000:"Medium"],[0x04030000:"Low"]

zigbee.writeAttribute(0x0500, 0xFFF1, DataType.UINT32, Integer.parseInt(sensitivity), [mfgCode: "0x115F"])

Is the payload definitely supposed to be UINT32?

Hmmm... I can't find my packet captures, most probably I deleted them... But at the time of writing the driver I double-checked, and HE sent the same command (besides the obvious differences: addresses, counters, checksum...) that the Aqara hub sent. I make mistakes, though... :slight_smile:

But I think the command is right.

For the sake of completeness, the very same Aqara hub sends a non-working command (disconnecting switch from button) to a kind of wired switch, so IMHO it IS possible that I just copied 3 mumbojumbo packets... Honestly, I have no idea how to reliably test the sensitivity of a smoke sensor. :slight_smile:

That's what the zigbee.readAttribute is supposed to help with!

I'm just confused about the catchall response being different lengths every other time, alternating between ending in 01 01 or 04 01 00 after the 115F manufacturer code.

I suspect the second to last value tells us the current sensitivity level, but need more evidence...

We're talking about Aqara devices... and their manufacturer-specific attributes. All we can do is guessing...

But both the hub and the app had several updates since then, so maybe tomorrow I'll rejoin the sensor to the Aqara hub, and sniff the communication again...

1 Like

With the xiaomi button and aqara one, do they only have the ability for a single button press, no a double press or hold ?

Anyone getting errors with the xiaomi devices in the logs. I'm getting them for temperature and contact sensors.

I was getting optimistic reading "official", lol. My contact sensors have been alright so far, but I'm always uneasy with the unofficial-ness. And my tradfi has been flaking out on me. Here's to hoping they actually come out soon and are still reasonably priced... I need a few more motion sensors, lol.

Xiaomi "original" Button

model WXKG01LM

9ae0d6b75d903bceaddc258e2a0a7d7ea946ca8f

Functionality Chart

Action Hub Event Notes
Single press button 1 pushed
Hold button 1 held Event comes after button is released ~
Double-click button 2 pushed
Triple-click button 3 pushed
Quadruple-click button 4 pushed
Shizzle-click button 5 pushed 5 or more multi-click
~ Note: The default minimum time required to hold the button for the held event is 1 second, and this can be changed in the preference section of the device's details page in the Hubitat Web UI

Aqara Button

models WXKG11LM (original / new revisions) and WXKG12LM

e433080a803c42e7a7ffffc93af7be279787a551

Functionality Comparison Chart

Action|...11LM (orig)|...11LM (new)|...12LM
---|---|---|---|---
Single press | button 1 pushed | button 1 pushed| button 1 pushed
Hold | | button 1 held | button 1 held
Double-click | button 2 pushed | button 1 doubleTapped| button 1 doubleTapped
Triple-click | button 3 pushed | |
Quadruple-click | button 4 pushed | |
Shake | | | button 2 pushed
Release |button 0 pushed | button 1 released | button 1 released
Notes on hold & release for Aqara Buttons:

• Model WXKG11LM (original revision):
    The driver includes an automatically delayed button 0 pushed event that by default occurs 2 seconds after a single press. The length of the delay can be changed in the preference section of the device's details page in the Hubitat Web UI.

• Models WXKG11LM (new revision) / WXKG12LM:
    These two models send a "held" message when the button has been held for 400 milliseconds. This timing is hardware-based and cannot be changed, but the button can be held as long as liked. With both models a "released" message is only sent when the button is actually released.

1 Like

I may be able to help, but I really need to know what errors you're seeing.

Could you please post the log message text or a screenshot of the errors with some of the other messages both preceding and following them? Having debug log message output enabled would be best, thanks.

The Tradfri Outlet or bulbs? What kind of issues?

I have come to dislike very much the tradfri plugs. The bulbs are okay(a19 white). Signal is poor on all tradfri devices including the new USB repeater. I'm taking my plugs back to ikea, they have a 1 year return policy. Everytime my tradfri plugs flake out I lose my hampton bay fan controller and some xiaomi devices. I now have 5 xbees to support my Xiaomi devices

sorry if this was listed and I didnt do enough research.
Apologies - I did buy the Aqara now I know you support it.

Hi Guys,

How come there is no driver for Xiaomi Smart Plug?
This one is both a Switch for plug on/off and a temperature sensor in 1 Zigbee device.
This is Zigbee and quite stable on Smartthings. Below is DH.

Cheers
G

Just note that the temp on the outlet is wildly inaccurate due to the heat produced from the outlet itself when in use. May be useful for something, but not actual temperature measurements.

There is no Hubitat driver for the Xiaomi Smart Plug because I don't own one and so I have no way to test the driver. There are enough differences between the way the code of SmartThings and Hubitat device handlers / drivers needs to be written that it's not guaranteed that a SmartThings device handler can be used on Hubitat without any modifications.

Also, there hasn't been any demand for a Xiaomi Smart Plug driver for Hubitat.

Would you be willing to test a Hubitat driver?

Hi guys
I managed to pair ZNCZ02LM with the Generic-Zigbee-Outlet driver
The socket reports status when turned on or off with hubitat, reports the status after manual switching.
procedure of adding:
turn on the power, hold the button until the diode flashes red and then blue - then it will release.

Hi Mate,
Definitely happy to test it.
Just don't have the skill to transfer DH to Driver. :frowning:
Thanks
G