[Deprecated] Xiaomi / Aqara ZigBee device drivers (possibly may no longer be maintained)

I am not sure what causes the error, it appears to be pretty random and not associated with a user action. These are devices which are already paired and working.

I will try to get a bit more information when I get home at the end of the week

1 Like

I have turned if on after pairing the device but the only information I see in the event is the batteryLastReplaced.

I only get the 500 error while removing aqara motion sensor.

Is there a process of pairing aqara motion sensor? I have already added the drivers.

Thank you so much!!!!

Successfully connected in less than 10 minutes
Not clear which Pressure point to use, as well as offsets for all values looks not obvious. Any docs or experience available?

Sorry, not events. I am talking about looking at Log output for the motion sensor. Even if no motion is detected, you should see battery level messages received every 50-60 minutes:

The process of pairing is explained in the first post of this thread:

However, because you are seeing a 500 Error, I highly recommend contacting Hubitat support.

Are you asking which Atmospheric Pressure units to use? There are four pressure units to choose from when using the Aqara Temperature / Humidity sensor:

1. mbar - Millibars (the default)
  2. kPA - kiloPascal
  3. inHg - inch Mercury
  4. mmHg - millimeters Mercury

The Atmospheric Pressure unit should be set according to personal preference and your needs.

The Temperature, Humidity, and Pressure offset settings are used to adjust the values to match a standard reading.

For example if you have two sensors in the same location, and:

• Sensor A gives a Temperature reading of 21.3° C
  • Sensor B gives a Temperature reading of 22.1° C

...then you can enter a Temperature offset value of 0.8 for Sensor A and then the readings will match (or be much closer in general).

Alternatively you could enter a Temperature offset value of -0.8 for Sensor B so that it matches Sensor A.

I am not sure about what you are asking, so I hope this information helps.

1 Like

Just a shout out to say thanks for the Aqara driver :slight_smile: I just paired a recently received Aqara. It took me literally 2 minutes. Finding the driver took me another 5 to 10 minutes. Everything works great.

I don't yet know how the range will be. Will test in the next few days.

John

1 Like

Ah, so it's personal preference. Thank you.
I thought I had to guess which unit used by device...

I'm pretty newbie on HE. Successfully paired and i had recreated child devices as switch, set Number of Buttons to 2 (not sure this is correct because mine was single switch)

I went played with the basic Hubitat Simple Lighting and it's seems needed a lot of try and errors on the multiple setting and what switch do i need to use (since there has been already 3 switches - 1 parent & 2 childs exists)

Is there any documentation i can refer to or perhaps some useful posts of members has stickied as manuals? Thanks for help.

It is happening.

1 Like

I'll be ordering some of the T1 temp/humidity sensors to test as soon as they pop up on any online site...

The trick will be making sure you get one of the new sensors, and not one of the old model. Most of the Chinese online sites arent very forthcoming on exact makes and models they sell.

2 Likes

That Ambient Light sensor looks interesting too. I may need one for every room if they are as economical as the past Aqara devices...and work, of course. :grin:

My understanding has been that certified Zigbee 3.0 compatibility means that the 'incompatible parent' issue should go away for these devices, but I had to refresh my memory as I wasn't sure if a certified 3.0 hub needed to be part of the mix (good news, it does not). I found a good summary on TI's support forum, excerpted below. So these should join seamlessly with HA 1.2 compatible routers.

"Here is a full backwards and forwards compatibility list between Zigbee profiles:

• A ZigBee Light Link device can join a distributed ZigBee 3.0 network using either classical or touch link commissioning (if supported by the network)
  • A ZigBee Light Link device can join a centralized ZigBee 3.0 network which does not require key exchange or install codes
  • A ZigBee Home Automation device can join a ZigBee 3.0 centralized network which does not require key exchange
  • A ZigBee 3.0 device can join either a ZigBee Light Link or a ZigBee Home Automation network using classical commissioning
  • A ZigBee 3.0 device can join a ZigBee Light Link network using touch link commissioning
  • A ZigBee 3.0 device can join a ZigBee 3.0 network with any trust center policy
  • A ZigBee 3.0 device can not join a ZigBee Home Automation network using touch link commissioning
  • A ZigBee Home Automation device can not join a ZigBee 3.0 distributed network"

https://e2e.ti.com/support/wireless-connectivity/zigbee-and-thread/f/158/t/661590

1 Like

Yes it should, and it's especially important to note that these new Aqara-branded devices are officially ZigBee 3.0 certified while all previously released devices only came with an unofficial claim of ZigBee HA 1.2 compatibility.

Nevertheless, I am only cautiously optimistic, because Lumi's past track record shows a real propensity towards using non-standard implementations, which, as I understand it, could still pass certification with "manufacturer-specific" data formats for messages.

I am also only cautiously optimistic because with ZigBee certification and HomeKit compatibility, these new products may land up being sold through normal North American / European / etc. retail supply channels and as a result, be priced accordingly (significantly higher).

1 Like

Looks like we have to wait until mid August.

So... when the new T1 product line will be supported natively by HE?

This has been discussed in multiple threads.

Last comment from hubitat is they would be happy evaluate the devices if someone mailed/loaned them to hubitat.

So...

• assuming the devices are really available in mid/late August, and
  • assuming someone sends Hubitat the devices, and
  • assuming Mike has time in his schedule to jump on it (aka doesn't have 20 other devices in the queue before these), and
  • assuming the devices are actually zigbee compliant this time and get a driver made at all (unlike the current AQARA devices),

I would guess the very earliest would be September or October?

1 Like

When it's done. :slight_smile:

If I were a betting man (and I am), I would bet on user drivers will be made before in box ones.

(again... Unless there are platform changes that need to be made, as only hubitat can do that.)

More revelations from the hard-working detectives at Homekit News:

3 Likes

Nice find. I wouldn't personally consider the smoke detector. The Nest Protect is just too good, but the VOC sensor is intriguing, although not something I personally have a use for.

They sure have some serious air quality issues to deal with over there. They're paying the price for the massive amount of industry polluting their air in manufacturing the products we are buying.

1 Like