[Deprecated] Xiaomi / Aqara ZigBee device drivers (possibly may no longer be maintained)

Zigbee will change routes frequently. You have to either give up Xiaomi, or give up on those repeaters.

I’d give the repeaters the boot personally, and head to IKEA for some more TRÅDFRI outlets and meatballs (didn’t think I’d be writing that twice in one evening). Then I’d order even more Xiaomi :crazy_face:

Once determined, I can add your report to my list of repeaters that do / don't work with Xiaomi / Aqara devices over in my other thread, Xiaomi & Aqara Devices - Pairing & Keeping them connected.

Just to clarify, is this the Nue Dimmer Switch that you have?

If yes, I also wonder if it possible to link / integrate the Nue ZigBee Bridge with a Hubitat Hub so that any Nue devices could be connected the the Nue Bridge to isolate them away from Xiaomi / Aqara devices.

As @SmartHomePrimer explained, ZigBee devices are free to change their network route as needed, so there's no guarantee a Xiaomi / Aqara device won't spontaneously decide to connect to an "unfriendly" repeater.

That said, some people have managed to keep their "unfriendly" repeaters far away enough from their Xiaomi / Aqara devices that they manage to coexist peacefully. I think it's just hit or mess / dumb luck, however.

1 Like

Ha would love to but they don't sell the repeaters here in Australia I don't think. They do have the lights.

I am disconnecting the nue switches tho. Will sell them away.

Hmm, that brand of outlets were said to work. I swear, we need an Australian Zigbee repeater section on this forum to help you guys, or for IKEA to get off their bums and certify the Trådfri Outlets for you.

Take a look further up in that thread too. There are some other type that are said by several to work as well, plus they are inexpensive and relatively easy to get in Australia. You just need to add a cord to them to they can route the Xiaomi devices for you. Don't actually have to use them as a switch.

I can confirm the Nue switches are excellent Xiaomi repeaters as I haven't had any of mine drop off. btw, Hubitat release 2.14 should contain official support for Nue switches (see below).

I can confirm I have the Xiaomi's operating without issue through the Nue 1, 2, 3gang switches including the 2gang power point GPO following so it's worth adding them to your supported list.

1 Like

Not questioning your observations, but do you by chance have a confirmed mapping Via an Xbee?

hey - what year were your nue single gang dimmers purchased? mine are 2017 so the first model. they stay connected to the zigbee mesh but they lock up (unresponsive physical buttons).

i have swannone smartplugs that i got for cheap as no one in aus was buying them. they work great as repeaters. I'm also getting some zigbe in wall switches for my fans in bathrooms. No more nue for me. I'm sure the newer models might be better but the 2017 ones are unreliable

Thanks! I have added them, but it's a little unclear from the eBay pages and A3's website whether all of those switches are on/off only or dimmer switches. Are the ones you're using dimmer switches?

But whether they are good as repeaters for Xiaomi / Aqara devices is unknown, right?

So there are different revisions? I noticed some of 3A's ZigBee products claim ZigBee 3.0 certification, which so far in general seems to mean they will play well with Xiaomi / Aqara devices.

yeah they don't sell the ones i have any more i dont think there seem to be two versions. 2017 versions and the current models. the current ones if they are 3.0 should play nice you'd hope

i never had issues with my zigbee network on smartthings however. (rarely). Swannone are zigbee 1.2 so they should repeat well but who knows.

Is a XCTU mapping from Xbee the only way to tell if the repeaters are working?
Would not the Zigbee routing page (http://ip address/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo) work as well?

@SmartHomePrimer I could if that helps, though my current house has been a PoC for my new house build so I have moved stuff around. If I had to guess the map will likely show 3 Xiaomi's repeating through the 2gang GPO and/or 2gang Kitchen given there current locations. If your still interested though I can do that on the weekend.

@joel_dj & @veeceeoh my Nue products were purchased around May/June this year so they are all Zigbee 3.0. I assume those older ones were Zigbee HA1.2 and caused people a lot of grief?

@veeceeoh As far as I can tell Nue only allow dimming off the 1gang dimmable switch but they also sell 1 ,2 and 3gang non-dimmables. I have purchased the 1gang dimmable (also has a + and - physical button) but there is currently no working HE driver for them but it's being worked on by HE staff so in the near future I can try that out too. I have plugged it into a led downlight though and physically dimmed and it works great.

1 Like

No not necessarily. More of a rough guide. There are other devices that can use XCTU and there is other software, but that’s the one I’m familiar with, and I think most of us here are as well.

Which ones? I’ve only seen z-wave in Australia.

Again it’s not to convince me, it’s just for the community, and when we make recommendations to others, that beyond a shadow of doubt, that it does indeed route the device. It’s something that several of us did when we started recommending the IKEA TRÅDFRI outlets. And if I remember correctly I think I at first offered anecdotal evidence, before @veeceeoh confirmed it. And he knows so much about Xiaomi, that for me, it added a lot of confidence in my recommending the solution to others.

1 Like

this one: CONTROLLER SWITCH 240V W/LESS HOME AUTO | Jaycar Electronics
it appears on zigbee certified site. so hopefully it's all good

@jchurch yep the older ones are causing me grief + the cost of a sparky to uninstall. :frowning: but they are really annoying me so i'm done. I am excited to move my whole house over to lifx tho. I originally got the nue switches to save money rather than doing my extention in lifx downlights. but that was a mistake

To be clear for others reading this: the new ones are likely to work fine if they are zigbee 3.0 but the older ones don't work overly well. Which are not sold anymore anyway

1 Like

Understood. Until I move into my new house I won't have everything configured but once I am in I will have 14 x Nue switches. I had then planned to deploy Xiaomi sensors across the house so I can definitely report back then and provide a very detailed mapping. That said though we may find that the new Xiaomi T1 sensors are out by then so it may no longer be a problem..

At this stage then @veeceeoh i'd definitely mark them as "further community testing required" or something as it's worth further investigation from others.

1 Like

Hi, guys. Is there any way that Xiaomi Aqara power outlets can be supported? They are by far the most economic ones that include power metering. They are supported in Smartthings using this driver: XiaomiSJ/devicetypes/shinjjang/xiaomi-plug-sj.src/xiaomi-plug-sj.groovy at master · shin4299/XiaomiSJ · GitHub

Well I don't own one, and I have no plans to buy one just for the purpose of building a Hubitat device driver.

I could try adapting that SmartThings device handler, but I'm afraid it won't be very soon as I am extremely busy at this time.