[Deprecated] Xiaomi / Aqara / Opple Drivers with Presence!

Markus' departure was extensively discussed elsewhere on the forums... I don't think anyone outside of Markus and his cohorts and the Hubitat staff know for certain why the split happened. Markus still maintains his drivers and can be reached at the Oh-La Labs community forums page. While it's a bit bothersome to have to go to a separate location for some of my Hubitat needs (I use Markus' Sonoff motion sensor and Aqara contact sensor drivers), it's nice to know he's still contributing and maintaining his drivers.

5 Likes

Plus they are all in HPM so if there are any updates you will see them automatically. The only risk is that as his new venture gathers pace (assuming it will) he will be focused in that direction, of course.

1 Like

Oh that is good news too

What zigbee repeaters do y'all recommend to help make a stronger mesh network? I was thinking about getting the Ikea power plugs.

The power plugs are not good repeaters. Ikea has dedicated repeaters that work extremely well. I use them for one of my Zigbee mesh.

For my other Zigbee mesh, I use Sinopé zigbee thermostats which act as very good repeaters. (They just don’t like Xoaomi devices, hence my other mesh...)

5 Likes
2 Likes

I have 4 Ikea control outlets sprinkled throughout the house to act as repeaters for the Aqara contact sensors on my windows. Covers an area of ~2000 s.f. and works really well. These are the only Zigbee devices on the hub. I have a separate C-7 hub for my "real" Zigbee network, and also a Hue hub for the few Hue bulbs I own. The biggest help for me was downloading a free wifi spectrum analyzer on my phone and selecting Zigbee channels that don't have wifi interference.

Are you talking about these ones?

1 Like

Yes, those are the ones.

or checkout @iharyadi 's home made repeater.

2 Likes

@andre-berlin could you by any chance please post the changes you made to Markus' drivers here to get them to work?

I'm hoping that they will help me out with my QBKG12LM and QBKG11LM devices as they mostly work, but they don't properly update the status of the lights when physically pressing the buttons.

Markus seems to be very busy and these drivers are not being worked on anymore even on the other forum it seems

Hi,

I got this Zigbee Button from Aqara. I can pair it and see the status changed. But I cannot use it as the number of button is set to 0.
Anybody who got this fixed?

I just added support for this in my combined driver:

I have installed your driver, but it has the same Problem. Number of Button is 0
Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 10.15.21 AM

That is likely a vestige from the driver in this thread. Mine does not show that state "NumberOfButtons" as it's a single button. I just added the exact same button to my production C7 and it works just fine assigning actions using Rule Machine.

1 Like

Installed and paired Xiaomi Mijia Smart Light Sensor (model GZCGQ01LM).
It suddenly starts to send data after intialize + press button on it. Probably it is Ok.

Log contains one this:

dev:1322021-02-04 10:10:37.428 [warn] (...132)Unhandled Event PLEASE REPORT TO DEV - description:catchall: 0000 8005 00 00 0040 00 3AA3 00 00 0000 00 00 0200A33A0101 | msgMap:[raw:catchall: 0000 8005 00 00 0040 00 3AA3 00 00 0000 00 00 0200A33A0101, profileId:0000, clusterId:8005, clusterInt:32773, sourceEndpoint:00, destinationEndpoint:00, options:0040, messageType:00, dni:3AA3, isClusterSpecific:false, isManufacturerSpecific:false, manufacturerId:0000, command:00, direction:00, data:[02, 00, A3, 3A, 01, 01]]

To get support for this driver you're going to have to post this on their forums. Look at Markus' profile pic.

1 Like

You should try to use the "Zigbee - Generic Device Toolbox" driver to wipe the states clean and then give @chirpy's driver a go. :slight_smile:
"Zigbee - Generic Device Toolbox" can be installed via the HPM.

3 Likes

I am seeing an error with the Aqara Vibration Sensor when I try to set the Open and or Closed position.

errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException: Cannot cast object '9.1' with class 'java.lang.String' to class 'java.math.BigDecimal' on line 475 (setClosedPosition)

1 Like

I had something similar when switching between different drivers from Markus and other ones.
Install Markus's Zigbee - Generic Device Toolbox driver, change to that and delete all the various bits you can delete and then switch back to the driver you want to use