[RELEASE] Xiaomi Aqara Mijia Sensors and Switches Driver

Just following orders...log said to tell you. :slight_smile: This was w/.03, just updated to .05. Only using this w/Aquara contact sensors.

That's from the old drivers you had. Click Configure in the device settings to remove the old schedules :grinning:

3 Likes

Yup, done! Thanks.

Thank you for providing these consolidated drivers. I was having issues with my Aqara devices on my main zigbee network so I moved them to their own C5 and I just installed your drivers today.

I have two of the Aqara temp/humidity sensors and one of the motion sensors. I have both debug and descriptive logging disabled but still seeing status every five - ten minutes. Anyway to turn this off all together?

I am not using any of these for automations yet. Just letting them sit to see if they will hang on.

Exactly what I'm doing w/an Aqara contact sensor. LOVE the tiny size, but I received two and both fell off.

Since then re-joined them both but one of them falls off quickly and seems to be a dud. Second hasn't fallen off again since the first time, but letting it ride for a week or so until I trust it a bit.

I just checked and all the log lines look correct in the driver. Can you try running Configure on the device page? If it is then still logging, can you post the actual log line?

1 Like

It must have take the configuration some time to get to the device because about 30 minutes later the logs went quite. I should have checked again before I posted.

Hi @chirpy
I have paired another motion sensor and it is working OK but I'm not getting any battery reporting.
I know with these devices it can take awhile for the battery level to appear but nothing is coming through.
I'm just wondering if the last change you made to get rid of the error could be causing this.
I am getting battery reports on existing devices that I swapped to your driver.
Like I say, just wondering.
Thanks.

EDIT: Checking in the events, I'm not seeing any battery reports on the existing devices.

Often with these you have to zigbee re-pair them until it shows up (don't delete the device).

It may be that there is battery data in the proprietary information from the older Xiaomi devices, but I don't have any of them at present. I do have a bunch that I've ordered to test out, but they may take a while to arrive.

2 Likes

Just a note to say that the driver is now available in HPM.

8 Likes

The re-pairing I was aware of. I've had these devices for awhile now and I am gradually changing them out for the Sonoff devices. When they fail I swap them out. I thought I would drag the unused ones back out of the draw and try with your driver. They just will not stay on the mesh. Existing ones are fine.
Not to worry and thanks for the reply and your work on this.
I've only 5 left on my mesh.
May just order 5 Sonoff devices and put the Xiaomi/Aqara ones on Ebay in batches of 5.
Thanks again.

I just received a sonoff motion and put it next to the xiaomi aqara motion and it is not even close to being as responsive as the aqara.

I must admit that they are not as fast to respond as the Xiaomi but are ok for my needs. I still have 5 Xiaomi/Aqara connected and will leave them while connected.
The Sonoff ones are, in my 4 months of using them, 100% reliable and never drop off. Xiaomi/Aqara will occasionally fall of but a re-pair gets them back ok and the will be fine for a few months.

The Sonoff would be good for close up motion events but the range is poor. I have a large garage and I I dont have to be as close to the xiaomi as the sonoff, I even have a Zooz motion that has sensitivity adjustment and it still cant touch the xiaomi. Granted in some cases like small rooms with open doors the extra sensitivity can be a pain

Thanks for putting the driver in HPM, very nice to be able to get the updates automatically.

My Aqara contact sensor is still online after another day. :smiley:

4 Likes

Well that's an achievement! So far I've only had an Aqara motion sensor fall off once.

2 Likes

Have to agree. I've got both the Aqara and the Sonoff motion sensors and the Aqara is very quick.

1 Like

I've pushed a new release (also available through HPM) which should hopefully address the older Xiaomi battery status, as well as a fix for the lux calculation for the Xiaomi Aqara Motion Sensor.

1 Like

Curious if you guys have read the thread listing the devices that play nice and don’t post nice with Aqara devices.

I have three ST plug in outlets and they were on the ‘not nice’ list. I just removed them yesterday (replaced with more Sonoff basic ZBR3’s) and plan to try my three Aqara devices back on my main hub.

Also curious if the zigbee channel has any effect.

My main hub - C7 is on channel 25 and right now I have the Aqara device on the C5 on channel 20.

1 Like

In my experience, the need for repeater compatibility is driver independent.

Even on a completely different controller (zigbee2mqtt using this CC2652RB radio), non-zigbee3.0 Xiaomi devices require all zigbee repeaters to be Xiaomi-compatible. Otherwise the devices fall off ....

Also, FWIW, I used channel 15 on HE and zigbee2mqtt for Xiaomi devices.

4 Likes