[RELEASE] Xiaomi Aqara Mijia Sensors and Switches Driver

Hi All,
this is my first message here and in general, as I got the hub (C7) a few days ago.
I had a bunch of Aqara door contact (model=lumi.sensor_magnet.aq2) that worked well in Smartthings and now in this platform.
Based on this I ordered other 8 devices, but they are not working with the same driver.
I just noticed they seem to be a different hardware (model=lumi.magnet.acn001).
I am able to pair the device and assign the driver, but the open/closed is not reported.
Is there any chance to get the new hardware implemented in this driver?
I would like to provide my support, but I don't know how.
Thank you in advance

The one thing I miss from Markus drivers is the inactivity time period.

Can you give me a heads up, which driver do you use now, thanks in advance.

The only ones currently being maintained are the ones by @chirpy described in the first post of this thread.

3 Likes

These drivers work great and paired with Device Activity Check for presence check everything is fairly solid.

2 Likes

I tested several ones. None of the old ones, neither this one support the new Aqara hardware. With all I get no open/close state. Agreed that with the old hardware they work very well.

Hi,
in another thread, where I posted this already, users draw my attention to the fact that probably nobody would update the drivers there anymore. Hence, I will give it a try here:
I got some MCCGQ14LM contact sensors. What can I do to provide information for implementation of these decives? :slight_smile:

Just added a WXKG01LM (Mi Switch). It was recogniesed as a DEVICE so I manually changed driver.
The HE responds to the button presses but the HE seems to think the button is a contact. I only get open/closed. Push, release and hold isn’t showing at all.

Anyone know what I might have done wrong?

I have the MCCGQ11LM version, and works perfectly with the driver. Fast and reliable, plus a long lasting battery life.

Cannot say with version 14, but I would give it a try.

Sorry, maybe I was not clear on that: I have the version 11 running in my home and would like to exchange them for the 14, which of course is not working, otherwise I would not be asking :slight_smile:

The new E1 contact sensors won't work at all. Xaiomi locked them down to just their hub. You would need to spoof the hardware id in Hubitat's firmware, which is not accessible from driver code. See https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt/issues/9274#issuecomment-957251683.

3 Likes

Thank you for the info.
Indeed I read that the problem is that during the pairing the new hardware has to share a code with the hub. I am not an expert, but I have the feeling that some people are working on this issue for other platforms and it is matter of driver programming.
A bit disappointing, because they have a reasonable price, a perfect size and shape.
The old hardware was very stable for me in smartthings too, while it is not on HE.
Let's hope in a future development.

No. Supporting Aqara E1 sensors will require a radio firmware change. This change could potentially break support for other devices, so I do not see Hubitat doing this.

Please read the link provided by @ky35tqzzy5ou; I've cut and paste the relevant portion below:

The older Aqara devices are not supported devices because they are not standard ZHA1.2 or Zigbee 3.0, and do not work well with most repeaters.

1 Like

OMG, terrible news, the old sensors are working very well for me (only use Ikea repeaters)

2 Likes

Agree with @BrunoVoeten Have used all sorts Aqara sensors in home. Will have to look to other supplier.

Terrible indeed. My zigbee mesh was deliberately set up with Ikea repeaters to support a whole bunch of Aqara sensors. They've all been rock-solid and I haven't changed a single battery.

A real shame their new products might be off the table.

4 Likes

@chirpy Seeing this in my logs

org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_driver_waytotheweb_Xiaomi_Aqara_Mijia_Sensors_and_Switches_1291.checkEventInterval() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (method checkEventInterval)

@chirpy Are you going to look into this error I reported??

Scott, I think that is an artifact left from the driver by Markus. This driver doesn't use checkEventInterval, but Markus' did. When I switched drivers I had to first, switch to the 'Device' driver and erase all states and schedules, then switch to this one.

1 Like

hmm how is that even possible if i switched to your code? hmm maybe something didnt get unscheduled?