[RELEASE] Xiaomi Aqara Mijia Sensors and Switches Driver

Added one light sensor today that had been on the shelf 18 months; have 3.
No Problems thus far. Many Thanks for the Driver and Support work. Merry Christmas to me & you all..

Still working fine on the C8?

Yes, I have a number of Aqara devices on my C8 and they are holding fine...they are all attached via repeaters based on my last review using my Xbee to map my Zigbee network, so they are happiest connected throught a repeater (at least in my home).

2 Likes

I switched all of my Aqara devices to this driver, and so far have been having very good luck with it on my C8 hub. Switched them over about 10 days ago, and haven't seen one drop off and not come back yet. See here for more info about my recent Zigbee troubles, if you are interested in the read. So far, so good!

1 Like

The driver didn't seem to handle the current Aqara Luminance sensor, adding this line addressed the issue:
@chirpy

fingerprint profileId: "0104", inClusters: "0000,0400,0003,0001", outClusters: "0003", manufacturer: "LUMI", model: "lumi.sen_ill.agl01", deviceJoinName: "Xiaomi Aqara Light Sensor"

This one works fine for the new sensor (not yet documented in the discription, but it works)

1 Like

I bought these motion sensors
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4000030637208.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.10.21ef5c5faecarM&gatewayAdapt=glo2deu

ID Xiaomi Aqara Motion Sensor : RTCGQ11LM [*]

then I installed these driver

then put motion sensor in paring mode 3 sec reset button

but then i want to pair them via zigbee they are not found
any further tip?

logs showing following
sys:12024-01-22 17:55:29.743infoZigbee Discovery Running

sys:12024-01-22 17:55:29.297infoZigbee Discovery Stopped

sys:12024-01-22 17:54:27.745infoInitializing Zigbee Device 00158D000704F5C8, 32E9

I use those sensors an I can tell they pair on my c8 whit this driver, but I needed to pair it more than once. My C8 hub is a test hub, I don't use repeaters on it. I heard there are some issues with some some zigbee repeaters, maybe this is the issue, I guess this is why people say you need to pair close, on top of the hub or you can use this driver where you can choose witch device you turn on for paring,

Personal I prefer this driver for my Aqara motion & illuminance sensors.

2 Likes

Your preferenced driver worked and the pairing is kinda strange

first start pairing then device pairing then press device pairing button again until device paring started is shown then after 30 second press again one time the pair button then pairing works.

2 Likes

I think the pairing issue is not driver related, I know there are issues with zigbee pairing for some devices. I my test I paired the device with the "chirpy" driver, it was available after pairing but is was not working and there were things missing, after pairing a second time (on top of the hub) the sensor was working.
With my prefered driver (kkossev) it was paired correct at the first attempt, but this is not a guarantee....The reason why I use this driver is because the developer is still active on the forum, he is a fantastic guy, but overal it is a good driver, you can simulate the state of the sensor (motion active or inactive)

2 Likes

When I use this driver for the water leak sensor, I sometimes get a false wet message. Does anyone else have this problem?
I haven't experienced it with another driver yet, it could be a coincidence

Hello @chirpy

I recently acquired the Original Aqara Door Window Sensor with Zigbee Wireless Connection, model MCCGQ11LM. I integrated these drivers using HPM (Hubitat Package Manager). It took a couple of attempts to successfully connect them.

Currently, I'm only observing the following status:

Current States

• Presence: Present

However, I'm not receiving any battery reports for this device. Any insights on why this might be the case?

Thanks

I usually find that after leaving them for a day, they start reporting the battery. Otherwise, resetting the device without deleting it from Hubitat and then running a discovery can get them to send the data. Repeat a few times and it eventually gets there.

2 Likes

Less than a day and it showed up! Thank you for your response and help.

@chirpy I'm wondering have you thought about adding the deviceHealth reporting instead of using the presense reporting? I've just gotten back and updating a bunch of stuff on my hubitat and it seems to be the way a lot of custom drivers have gone.

1 Like

Check post 427

1 Like

Thanks very much.
I missed that. I'll see after my holidays if there's any way I can help get to get that up on github so that it can be installed and updated using HPM.

2 Likes

I would carefully test that version I posted there before putting it into HPM. My skills are weak and it would be a very good idea for someone to vet that the health stuff I tried to add actually works...

Unfortunately, the status is there but doesn't really work.
@chirpy do you still have the courage to implement HealthStatus in your driver?

1 Like

I feared as much.... Thanks for checking. I think it may be "close" to what's required to work but clearly there were gaps I was unable to fully figure out.

1 Like