[RELEASE] Xiaomi Aqara Mijia Sensors and Switches Driver

Ok. I will try that. Thanks!

@chirpy I tried to re-include the the switch (without removing the device) several times but button presses are not registrated.
Just to test, I installed Marcus driver and the button presses are registrated right away. I then switch back to your driver (pressing configure after changing driver) and back to just contact indications again.

m_stat

@chirpy I get below error when trying to simulate a button press/hold from the device page, and my HE isn't responding either.

error (http://192.168.107.4/device/edit/642)groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_waytotheweb_Xiaomi_Aqara_Mijia_Sensors_and_Switches_1105.push() is applicable for argument types: (java.math.BigDecimal) values: [1]
Possible solutions: push(), use([Ljava.lang.Object;), run(), run(), dump(), parse(java.lang.String) (method push)

Other buttons with other drivers (ex. SmartThings) don't give me the error and I can simulate button actions from the device page.

Any clue why I get the error?

Thank you for this driver. I just got my first motion sensor by Aqara and it would not pair natively to HE. Added this driver and popped up with driver selected on first try. It's reporting motion very well, cooldown is about 1min. It also has a illuminance sensor, BONUS, didn't even know that when bought from Amazon, a steal for $20.

Previously I purchased one of their temp sensors, which paired natively with HE and its been working like a charm, although, offset was required. But it seems to update at a fair rate and it reports to 2 decimal places, not sure that sort of resolution is needed with room temperature measurements.

I have some WSDCGQ11LM. sensors that randomly come on and off my network. I was using a different driver until I stumbled upon this one. When I say on and off.... 3 weeks on 3 weeks off type of thing.

Anyway to force update these or get them to start logging again? With driver change should I re-pair them?

Do you have compatible Zigbee repeaters on your network?

1 Like

No need to re-pair them if they are connected.

Just press Configure after changing the driver in the device page.

@BiGs

I did that.... presence says not present last activity was 6 hours ago and values are still the same values as they were 5 days ago. on both sensors.

Then try to add it again. It seems it dropped from zigbee network.

One issue I've had with certain drivers, regardless of author is the use of Presence as a device monitor. While maybe it is a neat trick - IMHO it feels like a hack. Presence is to me, related to people or things that come and go, like a vehicle. As a device monitor for a device that is supposed to always be there anyway (when operating correctly) it seems just wrong somehow.
When I'm writing rules or creating apps I don't want devices to show up in my pick lists for Presence sensors that aren't actually used in that way. I've actually re-written a driver or two I use to remove presence entirely from device drivers...
Monitoring a device, IMHO, is done best using the Device Monitoring app which checks activity over a period of time and seems much more accurate and appropriate. Again. MHO.

3 Likes

Hi all, i have installed my first motion sensot and its aqara. Its in my bathroom, how much delay do you put to keep the lighting on as it looks coold down period is quite aggresive it keeps turning off the lights if i stay still :slight_smile:

Check out "Simple Device Viewer" app. Really amazing and has a great dashboard and loads of functionality

[https://github.com/krlaframboise/Hubitat ]

5 Likes

Wow! that was clean and useful.... awesome! A great tool for basic monitoring and I'm keepin' that one! Thanks for the share.

2 Likes

I'm not sure what this has to do with this post about Aqara Mijia sensors but are there any instructions anywhere on what you must do to run this APP.
It looks interesting but I don't want to screw around with my Hubitat App so I want to see how to be able to run it without screwing things up..

Hello, you can call me "Mr. ADD", sorry for cross posting, but the app is so amazing and in dealing with Xiaomi sensors, you will have devices fall off. And an extremely efficient way to deal with that, is this app. Not only is the dashboard amazing but the notifications are spot on, and there's so much more functionality that is missing from HE that this app adds.

So to answer your question, you copy/paste the code into the "apps code" section, save it. Then go to apps and install user app, select this app and your good to go. You can run the app as needed, have it send notifications for events -or- have it do nothing until you call it up.

It was developed by very well known and skilled developer(not to put any others down) @krlaframboise . Just look at the number of drivers he's created. All of his apps/drivers that I use work fantastic, so I have zero hesitation in recommending his work.

You can try this and decide if you like it. If not just uninstall it, although I'm fairly certain you'll keep it.

see what I mean... You're quite welcome

2 Likes

Thanks very much for the information and instructions.
I had tried doing as you said, but as it was so long-winded I thought I was doing something wrong.

Perfect app! How come I didnt know about it sooner? :wink:

1 Like

Totally agree. Just created a quick dashboard. Brilliant.
Thanks @krlaframboise

Warning: Thread Breaking Post - READ but do not reply.

START OPINION

Wow, I've said it before and I'll say it again...the "Valley of HE 3rd Party Development" is a verdant "Proof of Concept" harvest from which HE Staff could very well pick the fruits with nary a complaint from the developer as many would likely be proud of having their work well regarded. attributed, and no longer a support burden on them.

Looks like the last time he was under the hood was a long time ago. Tell me he'd say NO if HE asked to copy the concept. Doubtful.
""

• Changelog:
  • 1.0.1 (07/07/2019)
  •  - Initial Release

""

This and many other things like it should be supported functionality WITHIN HE. Should NOT be something one has to pull in from a GITHUB Acct, start to rely on, and then worry will break sometime down the road as HE evolves.

END OPINION

(P.S. - Thanks for bringing this App to our attention, so cool)

2 Likes

Your opinion misses one relevant point .... the Xiaomi devices do not conform to the Zigbee standard. And apparently they ( Xiaomi ) have no intention of conforming. They push the use of their own hub.

3 Likes