[Deprecated] Xiaomi / Aqara ZigBee device drivers (possibly may no longer be maintained)

Hmm. Besides the expected Basic, On/Off, Color Control, and Level IN clusters, I see Power Configuration, Groups, Scenes, Time, Analog Output, Multi-state Output, Occupancy Sensing, Temperature Measurement, Relative Humidity Measurement, Pressure Measurement, and... Window Covering (?!?).

Are you seeing any temperature / humidity / pressure reports?

Yay! The next question is: Does it work well as a router for both Xiaomi / Aqara devices and other ZigBee devices?

Btw @veeceeoh, I have a smoke sensor as well... do you want to implement (or want me to implement) sensitivity setting in your DTH? Or a test command? I have the packet dump for these features...

And... I ordered a funky little LLKZMK11LM... (who the hell is responsible for these codes?) Seems to be a useful addition to the Aqara lineup.

No, nothing... most probably groups and scenes are supported, but the rest is just the result of copy-pasting firmware code from NXP's SDK. :slight_smile:

Well... this is a question I won't be able to respond... I have to confess that even though I have a pretty heterogeneous mesh, I have no routing issues with Xiaomi devices... that's why I'm quite silent in those topics, I simply cannot reproduce those issues. :slight_smile:

Oh yes please! Adding any functions not in the current driver would be very welcome. Since I don't own a smoke sensor, can you either share your code additions or make a pull request in GitHub?

Another thing people have asked about is a command to manually silence the alarm, but I have not seen any evidence that it's even available when the sensor is used with a Xiaomi/Aqara Gateway.

@martyn mentioned that Aqara Relay module a few days ago, and when I checked I noticed it's rated for 50Hz.

If the relays are coil-based then using the module with 60Hz power would affect impedance and then the device would be operating out-of-spec, so I will wait to hear about the internals before ordering one to try out.

Yes, probably, but with all of that and the "dreaded" FF01 attribute string, I'd have to guess this bulb is not part of Aqara's new ZigBee 3.0 Certified device lineup.

You must not have any "incompatible" routers on your mesh, fortunately!

Sorry for the bad news, but there are no plans to officially support Xiaomi devices at this time, we will review this if and when Zigbee certified 3.0 devices become available.
I would not recommend running any driver device combination that blows any errors...

The first time you log a support ticket the first thing we'll make you do is disable the device, and or potentially remove it.

Could you test with this driver? Maybe small mods will make it work properly

14 posts were split to a new topic: Why won't Hubitat Support help me with my custom

Question for the Xiaomi SME's.

If a joined device sends another catchall mesaage, is that the device rejoining the mesh?

I have my driver set to log any messages that they don't handle once joined and every now and then I see this. (very infrequently)

Pull request created. :wink:

Some of my Aqara devices state their battery status as "-396%", for example the Xiaomi Aqara Leak Sensor with driver version 0.8 shows this:

Or the "Xiaomi Aqara Door/Window Sensor" with driver version 0.7.2:

I have reset the battery status but no luck.

The percentage is just calculated from the raw voltage reading received from the sensor, which is clearly incorrect (0.522 V for your Leak Sensor, and 0.01 V for the Door/Window Sensor).

That voltage value is derived from values of specific bytes in a custom-formatted message, so what's probably happening here is that either the wrong bytes are being read, or they are in the wrong order.

The Reset Battery Replaced Date doesn't affect any of the voltage / percentage reporting. It just exactly what it named, changing batteryLastReplaced to the date when you click that button, so that a user can refer to that date for record keeping.

Since my Aqara Leak Sensor and Aqara Door/Window Sensors are all reporting correctly, and I haven't heard from other users about incorrect voltage values, my guess is that either you might either still be using Hubitat firmware 2.0.4 or older, or if using the latest Hubitat firmware, the DISABLE 2.0.5 firmware compatibility fix setting is turned on in the preferences for the devices:

If my guesses are incorrect, the only way I can help troubleshoot this is to see debug log output from the time of a battery report.

@veeceeoh Keith- Have you released the update to the driver that asked for sensitivity adjustment of the vibration sensor? Thanks for everything?

I'm afraid not yet. I was working out a user-friendly method to implement it (because of course, Xiaomi does it in a non-standard way!) However, I've had technical difficulties with my new ZigBee sniffer and family visiting the last few weeks. Although I can reply in the forums here in between things at workout times, any code changes and testing can only be done at home...

I hope to have an update in the next week, though.

Sorry everyone! Thanks for your patience.

4 Likes

Please help
i am new with hubitat and setting up things. I have few aqara contact sensors which are working excellent. 1 temp sensor also working very well. 1 aqara motion sensor ( placed near temp sensor ) does not report activity ( reported last activity about 12 hours ago). I can still see this in devices.

Okay, the explanation, in a nutshell as there are hundreds of posts on this, is you likely have xiaomi incompatible repeaters. Likely an Iris plug I bet..ge zigbee wall switch, smartthings outlet..
See this thread, it's an excellent resource

Anyone have any tips for keeping the Aqara temp sensors online? For the life of me they keep dropping off. I have one that works fine, but one that's very close to my Hubitat hub and one that's upstairs (basically directly through the floor) from hub will not stay online after pairing...

Not other than have a strong mesh, and ensure all repeating devices are Xiaomi compatible.

I have never had any of my 10 temp sensors drop out - other than when my hub locked up for a few days when out of town. Then I had to hit the button on each sensor to get them reporting again.

good to know. I'll try hitting the button and see if they come back online. repairing them repeatedly is getting annoying.

and I probably do have xiaomi incompatible repeaters. =/ do we have a list handy?

This may not be 100% exhaustive, though.

https://community.hubitat.com/t/compatible-devices-list/113?u=veeceeoh

sorry, I meant more, do we know which devices are incompatible repeaters with xiaomi stuff?

All my window sensors, and one of the temp sensors are fine is the odd part...