[Deprecated] Xiaomi / Aqara ZigBee device drivers (possibly may no longer be maintained)

I've not seen these "cubes" in Aus. but they look interesting.

Can anyone chime in on channel changes and if they're Aquara door/window contact sensors find their way back? I'm finally moving my ST multifunction sensors over and found out they do not pair well on my existing channel. I went a few channels to find one that they both would pair on (was just using an Aquara on hand to test).
But none of my existing in place sensors are reporting back unless I go and repair/sync them. Am I stuck doing that or can this just be waited out? While it's only a few more sensors, more just curious as to how I should be doing this. All my outlet and motion sensor zigbee devices seemed to work fine.

Because its ZigBee, just a reboot of the hub should be sufficient according to this article (about half way down, just after the first picture of some circles):

@linh
you have to go and repair/sync each device xiaomi do not repair themselves unfortunately maybe when they make zigbee 3 versions they will fix this

Ok, at least I know I'm not crazy then. Sadly, one of my sensors now keeps dropping, lol. Not sure I'm liking that I went Xiaomi now. Hopefully it's just one unit.

[UPDATE] v0.3.3b of Xiaomi Mi Cube Controller device driver for Hubitat

Thanks to some sleuthing by @codahq, the driver should now produce correctly formatted threeAxis events for compatibility with his Hubitat port of SmartThings' Mood Cube app.

I also added the driver's Import URL both to the 2nd line of the code -and- to the driver's "definition" line. Adding the URL to the definition line should auto-populate the import URL when the [Import] button is pushed while viewing the driver. With the URL already filled in, to import the latest version of the driver, just click the [Import] button in the pop-up window and then [close], like this:

The updated beta device driver code can be grabbed from here.

Change List

• Changed formatting of threeAxis event values to match Hubitat's requirements (thanks to Hubitat user @codahq for identifying this issue)
  • Added driver's Import URL to the top line of the header comments section
  • Added 'importUrl' data to the driver's metadata - definition line

resetToClear() only clears the smoke detected event state for the Hubitat hub.

I do not own a Xiaomi Mijia Honeywell Smoke Detector, but based on all of my reading nobody has discovered any way to send a command to the detector to either start or silence the alarm. Not even the native Mi Home app has this option, from what I understand.

If it's just one then that might be due to an incompatible ZigBee repeater device.

3 Likes

Welcome back from your sojourn into ST-land.

1 Like

Anybody using the Aqara relay module?

Noticed it on AliExpress

Seems pretty interesting, dual channel dry-contact outputs and switch inputs.

I didn't know that... cool.

1 Like

I have not seen that device before. Will keep an eye on it.

My first foray into the Xiaomi world may be my last. Apparently I own some of the repeaters that cause these devices to drop. I bought a cube and it stayed paired for an hour or so. It's really annoying to repair all the time. Too bad Xiaomi had to break ranks and not implement the protocol exactly to specs. :frowning:

1 Like

How many repeaters do you have? IKEA Trådfri outlets are just $10 a piece. That's not reasonable solution if you're only going to use one Xiaomi device, but if you want to use multiple, then it might be worth it to make the switch.

I ripped out my 3 smartthings outlets (the only zigbee repeaters I owned) and replaced w/4 Ikea ones when I decided to buy some Xiaomi devices.

The money I saved over buying other more expensive temp/humidity sensors far outweighed the repeater replacement cost.

Hmm. That reminds me that I still need to sell the ST outlets...

2 Likes

@JasonJoelOld stupid question - are the ST outlets not repeating the zigbee signal for Xiaomi devices to use?

Correct. ST outlets don't play nice with Xiaomi devices. There is a post in this forum somewhere on which repeaters are confirmed to/not to work with Xiaomi devices.

EDIT: Here it is, but post #1 is not 100% complete as it doesn't have the Ikea outlets or the Ikea signal repeater listed as working, for instance:

1 Like

Four repeaters maybe? I have an Ikea near me. Maybe I'll stop in there tomorrow just so I have the option. The cube is a really fun idea and I wanted to use it in my theater to choose scenes (and maybe movies).

I only have 4 ikea outlets in my 4000+ sqft house, working fine, no drops on my Xiaomi aqara temp/humidity sensors.

I just put them about 1/2 way between the hub (which is in the dead center of my house) and the outer walls in each direction. More or less.

I don't have an XBee, so have no idea which Xiaomi devices are going through repeaters and which are connecting directly to the hub.

I think it might be new ..... took a punt on it and ordered a couple as on paper at least it looks useful (there's not many modules in the ZigBee world compared to Z-Wave).

So at some point I should be able to report back ..... Ali is a bit hit and miss for delivery times to me, sometimes it's within a week, others it's a month or more!

Tell me about it.

Got my Xiaomi hub in 4 days (looking at maybe using it for my Xiaomi devices, and bridging it back to Hubitat), but my other 5 temp/humidity sensors were ordered >a month ago and nada yet.

I have about the same setup.