[Deprecated] Welcome Home

Please show me the Device details from the device page...like this...

Yes, sir. This is interesting. I hope you understand why it shows recent activity, because I sure don't :blush:.

That's exactly what I wanted to see! Good news is the app is working the way it should. It grabs the date/time from the Last Update Time. Bad news is something is going on with that sensor and/or device, sorry. :slightly_smiling_face:

I just double checked all 3 of my presence devices and the two times are within a minute of each other (device details vs. device events). For my presence devices, they are a combination of 'Wifi Presence Sensor' and Life360, combined using 'Combined Presence'.

I would suggest you make a new topic with your last two screenshots showing different times (device details vs. device events) and see what the HE guys have to say about it. Give as much details as you can about what type of sensor this is. Probably tag Bruce, Mike and Chuck.

Hope this helps and look forward to what they have to say.

Okay, thanks Bryan. Fyi, it's a simple Life360 presence.

1 Like

This is a BIG update. There is a lot more random options available. To do this I needed to once again put the messages into each child app. I did however completely change how they are put in. They are now entered just like they would be in RM, all on one line separated by a semicolon. Makes it much cleaner and easier to copy and paste into multiple child apps if necessary. I also took the Greetings out of the parent app and placed them into the child app. With this I also added the ability to have random messages for each of the 3 time slots.

Since this is such a big change, I put the old code in a folder on Github to make it easier to go back if there is a major problem. :grin: I've been running it for a couple of days without issue but you know how that goes!

New version on GitHub...

V2.0.2 - 02/26/19 - Reworked how the messages are stored. Added option to have random greetings. Removed Greeting and Messages from Parent app.

what are you using for your random greetings, I couldn't think of anything?

for my main I have:

%greeting%. Welcome home %name%. %name% %is_are% here.;%greeting%. What’s up %name%. %name% %is_are% joining the party.;%greeting%. Where have you been hiding %name%. %name% %is_are% gracing us with their presence.;%greeting%. Nice to have you back %name%. %name% %is_are% showing up.;%greeting%. What’s cooking %name%. %name% %is_are% blowing in.;%greeting%. It’s been ages since I have seen you %name%. %name% %is_are% in the house! Ooo oooo.;%greeting%. Greetings and salutations %name%. %name% %is_are% joining the party.;%greeting%. Anything I can do for you %name%. %name% %is_are% popping in.;%greeting% I'm at your service %name%. %name% %is_are% dropping anchor.;%greeting%. What’s happening %name%. %name% %is_are% in the house ooo. Oooh.;%greeting%. How’s it hanging %name%. %name% %is_are% crashing the party.;%greeting%. Long time no see %name%. %name% %is_are% appearing.;%greeting%. Look who's home. it's %name%. %name% %is_are% breezing in.;%greeting%. Roll out the red carpet for %name% . %name% %is_are% popping in.;%greeting% %name%.;%greeting%. What’s cookin %name%. %name% %is_are% home.;%greeting%. How are you doing %name%. %name% %is_are% home.;%greeting%. Howdy do %name%. %name% %is_are% in the house.;%greeting% What’s shaking %name%. %name% %is_are% making the scene.;%greeting%. How is everything %name%. %name% %is_are% joining the party.;%greeting%. It's a pleasure to meet you %name%. %name% %is_are% blowing in.;Look what the cat dragged in, it’s %name%. %greeting%.

A even better / random way to create the messages is have 2 randoms %randomOpen% and %randomClose%. Then you can list all the begging of your message in %randomOpen% ie:

%greeting%, What’s cookin %name%.;%greeting% What’s shaking %name%.;%greeting% %name%.;%greeting% I'm at your service %name%. excetera

then have a %randomClose% ie:

%name% %is_are% joining the party.;%name% %is_are% blowing in.;%name% %is_are% dropping anchor.;%name% %is_are% popping in. excetera

then have it do %randomOpen% . %randomClose% and it will pick random strings from each. So you truly don't have any idea what it will come up with :smile:

Bryan, just got am answer back from Bobby.

That is normal activity. The last event shows that the hub checked with Life 360 server to make sure that everything is working properly. 

I'm kind of lost. Make sense to you?

All I can tell you is that there is something going on with your phone and Life 360 combination. It shouldn't be updating the device unless your going in and out of your location. Many posts about Life 360 problems. Just depends on your phone and how you have it setup.

Just saw this app and I am glad to see it! I have been struggling with my WebCore Piston for announcing arrivals and departures of family. I am excited to have a look at this app! Thanks!

1 Like

What is the WH Driver used for?

Nevermind....I found it when working in the app.

How are you doing a %randomClose% and %randomOpen%?

Also, did you get this working with sonos speakers?

it's a feature request and this works fine on SONOS, use music player when you select

When we were using WebCore for arrivals, we would have the condition be if the Contact sensor "changes to Closed". This made sure that the person arrived and came into the house. With the WH app, is it better to select the contact sensor open to make the announcement when the door opens or should it be once the person gets into the house and the door closes (selecting contact sensor closed)?

The choice is yours based on your circumstances. I use open but some wanted closed so I added it. Either way you still have a time delay to make sure you're 'in' the house.

Perfect! And I was reading through this thread but I am not sure if you implemented a departure in the app as well?

Nope, this is a 'Welcome Home' app. :grin:

1 Like

Can you make a "See Ya Later" app also? :wink::grin:

1 Like

Hope this isn't too random or off-topic for this thread, but has anyone cataloged a list of random greetings to play for when someone enters the house? I'd like to mix it up a bit from just the standard: Welcome home (insert name here) and can only assume this crowd is much more creative than I am. Would love to hear some of your favorites, and perhaps we can compile them for the future. Thanks!

Just some simple stuff.

3 Likes

I could imagine using the "guns" ones on my wife. She'd probably smack me silly. LMAO

1 Like