[Deprecated] Weather Dot Gov - Gathering data from weather.gov

No, that's just an info tile

I can't find what I'm looking for in the thread.

@bptworld (aka Bryan): In which version was Scroll Bars introduced? And can we make them optional?

Alan

No, but they are set to 'auto'. If the tile you are adding the data to isn't big enough, then they will scroll. If the tile is big enough, the side bar goes away.

Thanks for the information Bryan,

I suspect the issue may not be "yours", but if I make my tile 7 rows, the scroll goes away:

But anything less, I get the scroll bar (where there is clearly enough room):

I changed the font size in definition of the tile to 14. And the font size in the dashboard is 12. I don't know if one of these maybe causing the issue. If I increase the font size in the dashboard, it doesn't help, just makes the issue worse.

Alan

Looking at the location of your 'menu' icon, you're probably using Smartly, I use it too. I've talked to @spelcheck about it and I put in place the adjustments they wanted/needed. Now waiting for him to put in the fix on the Smartly side.

BTW, the tile works perfect within a 'normal' dashboard. :wink:

1 Like

thank you @bptworld! @alan564923 please use the CSS in this subtopic below for the time being.

https://community.hubitat.com/t/smartly-and-wdg-weather-dot-gov-tile-css-fix/38921

If you have any questions on its use, feel free to fire off a question in that thread. :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Be sure you are also on the latest version of Weather dot gov! Dashboard attributes should all start with 'bpt-'

• update weather dot gov
  • run reports
  • go to dashboard and re-select the attributes you want to display

Thanks

edit: just fixed a booboo too. New version on Github

1 Like

Another topic about the html in the past logs.

Thanks!

Is there any way to change from military time to 12 hour format for the last updated? Thanks.

I'll add it to the list

1 Like

For anyone else who relies on a field that returns "no data", I have set a variable and check against the last known good temperature to get around the weather.gov website being unavailable. Now my thermostat is more stable at setting itself relative to the outside temperature.

Thank you very much @bptworld for your diligence and hard work.

Thanks, @taylotr (and, of course, @bptworld). I'm trying to get historical precipitation but I have never seen anything but no data.

Screenshot_20200603-073741

I've tried random locations with no better result. Is this ever provided? Or have I just screwed up the install?

It's up to each individual station to what they provide. I just grab everything they offer and if it's blank, I add a 'No data'.

OK, It is once again probably something I am doing wrong, I just installed Weather Dot Gov and I am having an issue getting the Current data tile to display. The tile device shows the data, but I do not see an attribute listed in the Attribute Template. Am I using the correct template? All other states from the tile device seem to appear in the list, but not currentDataTile. I have deleted and reloaded the app and devices.

Any suggestions?

LJ

Yup, update... :wink:

Tile Driver:
1.0.7 - 06/03/20 - Fixed a typo with currentDataTile

2 Likes

so my guess is this is some strange interaction with smartly any ideas on how to adjust vertical size so I dont have scroll bars right now I end up with a large blank area if I scale the button till the scroll bar disappears

https://community.hubitat.com/t/smartly-wdg-weather-dot-gov-tile-css-patch/38921

3 Likes

Updated Tile Driver to 1.0.7 this morning and just noticed that my dashboard tiles are showing data from this morning from before I update Tile Driver. If I look at the Data and Tile devices the data is current with the most recent updates but that is not what I'm seeing on the dashboards. Seeing the same thing on three different devices with different browsers and the app so not a local cache issue with browser.

I rebooted the hub but issue is still there.

Any suggestions Bryan?

I noticed that I have to switch attributes they now start with bpt-

From my dashboard when I look at the attributes I see currentDataTile (what I was using) and now bpt-currentDataTile (what I switched to for current data). Looking at the Tile device there is on bpt-currentDataTile.