[RELEASE] Weather-Display With OWM-Alerts Forecast Driver

Still an error.

• Copyright : Ⓒ 2020 Matthew (scottma61)
  • OWM :
  • InternalName : Weather-Display With OWM-Alerts Forecast Driver
  • UpdateInfo : 10/25/2020

Error:

Summary

[UPDATED]
v0.3.0
10/26/2020

Changes:

• More bug fixes on the Weather-Display JSON returns for nulls.

SPECIAL NOTE IF YOU ARE UPDATING FROM A VERSION PRIOR TO V0.2.6:
(not required if you have version V.0.2.6 or higher already installed or you are doing a first time install)

The suggested updated method with HPM is to do a new install with the new driver (without the 'NWS' in the filename. Once installed, go to your virtual device and update the driver to use the new driver. You can use HPM to delete the old driver as follows: Do an 'Uninstall. If there are two drivers listed with the same name, click on the first "OpenWeatherMap-Alerts Weather Driver". The app asked if I wanted to delete "OpenWeatherMap- NWS -Alerts Weather Driver". Should you pick the wrong one (the one WITHOUT 'NWS' in the name), cancel and retry with the other selection. (Thanks @arnb for those details).

If you do not use HPM then since the filename and the directory name has changed you will need to copy the code and paste it over your current driver. (You cannot use the ImportURL for this this one time because the name and location has changed). Once installed, go to your virtual device and check/update the driver to make sure it is using the new driver.

Matt,

Deleted everything and are still getting the java.math error when I refresh.

There is a request to reverse the order from 'Low/High' to 'High/Low' on the threedayfcstTile. Easy change, but it changes for everyone, so I'd like to know what everyone thinks:

• Keep it as 'Low/High'
  • Change it to 'High/Low'
  • I really don't care

0 voters

[UPDATED]
v0.3.1
10/27/2020

Changes:

• There is now an option for the threedayfcstTile to show 'High/Low' or 'Low/High'. The default will remain the current 'Low/High' so no action is required if you want keep that. If you want to show 'High/Low' there is a new toggle in the Optional Attributes that you will need to turn 'On':

• All attributes that had the '+' symbol ( e.g. 'forecastDay+1') in them have had that symbol removed. It was causing multiple duplicate displays on the 'Current States' section of the driver (it appended new reading instead of replacing them). If you use any these attributes in rules, dashboards or WebCoRE you will want to update those for the new names

• Minor bug fixes

(not required if you have version V.0.2.6 or higher already installed or you are doing a first time install)

The suggested updated method with HPM is to do a new install with the new driver (without the 'NWS' in the filename. Once installed, go to your virtual device and update the driver to use the new driver. You can use HPM to delete the old driver as follows: Do an 'Uninstall. If there are two drivers listed with the same name, click on the first "OpenWeatherMap-Alerts Weather Driver". The app asked if I wanted to delete "OpenWeatherMap- NWS -Alerts Weather Driver". Should you pick the wrong one (the one WITHOUT 'NWS' in the name), cancel and retry with the other selection. (Thanks @arnb for those details).

If you do not use HPM then since the filename and the directory name has changed you will need to copy the code and paste it over your current driver. (You cannot use the ImportURL for this this one time because the name and location has changed). Once installed, go to your virtual device and check/update the driver to make sure it is using the new driver.

1 Like

[UPDATED]
v0.3.2
10/27/2020

Changes:

Minor bug fixes:

• Fixed an issue where alertDescr and alertSender were not cleared when weather alerts cleared.
  • Fixed and issue that was causing the 'Android app for wall mounted tablets app to display nighttime icons for forecast days during the evening. Future days will now always display daytime icons like the threedayfcstTile does. I also notified the developer that some attribute names changed in the last update and those need to be updated in that app's weather tile.

[UPDATED]
v0.3.3
10/28/2020

Changes:

• Added Probability of Precipitation (PoP) from OWM (newly available). The optional attribute is 'percentPrecip'. Also added it to the threedayfcstTile and weatherSummary.
  • Bug fixes and code and string reductions (by @nh.schottfam).

[UPDATED]
v0.3.4
10/28/2020

Changes:

• Bug fixes for new Probability of Precipitation (PoP) from OWM (newly available). These were tested on two coordinate sets (Mobile, AL and St. Lous, MO) On both corrdinate sets the driver reported the PoP and precepitation volume as received in the JSON return from the poll. Also, in both cases the PoP reported was either the number zero or the number 1 (representing 0% and 100% respectively). This appears to be an issue with the API JSON return, as the driver is showing what it received.

[UPDATED]
v0.3.5
10/28/2020

Changes:

• More bug fixes for new Probability of Precipitation (PoP) from OWM (newly available). I found my error in the Precip for tomorrow and day after tomorrow. I also verified I am pulling in the JSON 'Daily' forecasted PoP for tomorrow and day after tomorrow. I changed 'Today' to pull in the 'Current' (as opposed to 'Daily') PoP and precip ('rain') amounts.

That is all for today. Let me know what you find that still needs fixed.

[UPDATED]
v0.3.6
10/29/2020

Changes:

• Moved today's precip back to 'Daily' (from 'Current').
  • More bug fixes

That is all for today. Let me know what you find that still needs fixed.

[UPDATED]
v0.3.7
10/29/2020

Changes:

• Even more Precip bug fixes.

[UPDATED]
v0.3.8
10/29/2020

Changes:

• Minor bug fixes.
  • The usual code cleanup/reduction/optimizations by @nh.schottfam

The suggested updated method with HPM is to do a new install with the new driver (without the 'NWS' in the filename. Once installed, go to your virtual device and update the driver to use the new driver. You can use HPM to delete the old driver as follows: Do an 'Uninstall. If there are two drivers listed with the same name, click on the first "Weather-Display-With-OWM- NWS -Alerts-Forecast-Driver". The app asked if I wanted to delete "Weather-Display-With-OWM- NWS -Alerts-Forecast-Driver]. Should you pick the wrong one (the one WITHOUT 'NWS' in the name), cancel and retry with the other selection. (Thanks @arnb for those details).

[UPDATED]
v0.3.9
10/30/2020

Changes:

The suggested updated method with HPM is to do a new install with the new driver (without the 'NWS' in the filename. Once installed, go to your virtual device and update the driver to use the new driver. You can use HPM to delete the old driver as follows: Do an 'Uninstall. If there are two drivers listed with the same name, click on the first "Weather-Display-With-OWM- NWS -Alerts-Forecast-Driver". The app asked if I wanted to delete "Weather-Display-With-OWM- NWS -Alerts-Forecast-Driver]. Should you pick the wrong one (the one WITHOUT 'NWS' in the name), cancel and retry with the other selection. (Thanks @arnb for those details).

[UPDATED]
v0.4.0
10/31/2020

Changes:

• Tweaked threedayfcstTile for small screens.

[UPDATED]
v0.4.1
11/06/2020

Changes:

• Refactored the dashboard tiles.
    I refactored the dashboard for consistency in appearance, functionality and coding style.
    There is a single hyperlink on each tile that is on the OpenWeather logo image. That will take you to your local weather page on OWM for more weather details and any weather alerts. myTile (the left most tile in the first image below) will show as it is in the first image if there is sufficient characters available in the tile limit (1,024). It the character limit is exceeded, it will strip out the icon images in the second to last row and strip out the sunrise & sunset icon images. In that case, those icons will be replaced with characters (see second image). There are many things that can cause the character limit to be exceeded, including your city name length, condition text length, number of decimals you chose to display and if there are any current weather alerts displayed.

(the images below are from my NON-PWS version of the driver, but they tiles are identical to this version)

If the 1,024 character limit is exceed the myTile will be as shown below. The bottom two rows have most images removed and replaced with text.

Got these errors on the update but the tiles do seem to be working.

Those are errors from HPM, not from the driver. I'm not convinced there is a problem with the manifest, or perhaps the issue is reading the Github location maybe? I looks like a HPM issue? My drivers do not have a betaLocation so not sure why t would be looking for that?

Let me know if other get manifest issues wit my drivers and I'll look into it further.

Thanks.

1 Like

Just noticed the one has NWS in it still and I did uninstall that but I also noticed when the package manager is looking for updates it still sees NWS in the list but never shows it as an update being available. So no harm but just interesting I think. I guess it's not totally uninstalled, at least as far as package manager knows.

[UPDATED]
v0.4.2
11/26/2020

Changes:

The icon displayed is driven by the condition code returned by OWM. I did see where I had mapped a 'Thunderstorm' icon to to condition code 801, which is 'Few clouds'. I updated the code to show this instead:

I did NOT update the version number. To get this minor icon mapping change, you can do a 'Repair' if you use HPM. If you do not use HPM, open the code and 'Import' the new code.

Thank you!