[RELEASE] WATO - When any Attribute Then this cmd Otherwise that cmd

makes sense.

the mode restriction should be there if not will add.

May also want to consider a time restriction as well.

those are both there in the new version.

1 Like

Finally getting around to playing with this and I'm unclear... might be the cold meds.

Here's what I'm after: When a scene is activated, check this amp and if it's not on the right input, make it so. (can't seem to do that in RM... @bravenel - in response to your question about how it would be used.... (AV seems less defined in these early days.)

Next open the child device, set it up, done.
Create a virtual switch.
But can't figure out how to assign that switch to the app...:frowning_face:

And my screen looks different...

change the Execute command on device? to the virtual switch.

the second screenshot is of the new version to be released this weekend.

Haha, I knew it would be blindingly obvious!
Cheers mate.

1 Like

updated to github with the following changes:

* 2018-10-18 added option for case insensitive check when comparing text value
* 2018-10-18 added avg/max/min/sum when getting attribute from multiple attribute devices
* 2018-10-18 added support for multiple attribute devices
* 2018-10-18 added support for multiple command on devices
* 2018-10-18 added support for enabling and disabling WATO
* 2018-10-18 added mode and time filtering
* 2018-10-18 added support for custom label for child app

So I installed the most recent version this morning (twice) and when I load the app this is all I see

I've tried on iOS, Mac and PC using both Chrome and Safari with the same result.

Any thoughts?

Try entering a name and clicking done?

Tried that as well. No luck. Very odd

anything in the logs when you load the app?

Good question:

When I initially load the app, I only receive logs after naming the app and selecting β€˜Modes’

[app:2117](http://192.168.7.201/logs#app2117)2018-10-22 13:06:36.936:errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: app1540216041337330204129.updated() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] Possible solutions: putAt(java.lang.String, java.lang.Object) (updated)

strange. you have updated the code for both parent and child app of WATO to the latest from github?

EDIT: from the screenshot since it does not show the time restriction … seems like that might be old code. please update code of both apps then give it a try.

From the parent app. Seems like your latest version.

I do note, however, both apps have very few lines of code. The parent app with between 100-200 and the child app somewhere around 330.

|*  2018-10-18|added option for case insensitive check when comparing text value|
|---|---|
|*  2018-10-18|added avg/max/min/sum when getting attribute from multiple attribute devices|
|*  2018-10-18|added support for multiple attribute devices|
|*  2018-10-18|added support for multiple command on devices|
|*  2018-10-18|added support for enabling and disabling WATO|
|*  2018-10-18|added mode and time filtering|
|*  2018-10-18|added support for custom label for child app|
|*  2018-10-13|When any Attribute Then this command Otherwise that command|

please update the code for the child app. its not even showing the time restrictions which are in the new version so that seems very strange.

this is what the new version looks like when Define New WATO is clicked:

Perhaps I am not in the correct GitHub repository (see post #1). It says the child app was updated 2 days ago and the comment language in my clild app is as follows:

/***********************************************************************************************************************
*  Copyright 2018 bangali
*  Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except
*  in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at:
*      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
*  Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed
*  on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
*  for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
*  WATO (When any Attribute Then this command Otherwise that command) parent
*  Author: bangali
*  2018-10-18	added option for case insensitive check when comparing text value
*  2018-10-18	added avg/max/min/sum when getting integer or deciaml attribute from multiple attribute devices
*  2018-10-18	added support for multiple attribute devices
*  2018-10-18	added support for multiple command on devices
*  2018-10-18	added support for enabling and disabling WATO
*  2018-10-18	added mode and time filtering
*  2018-10-18	added support for custom label for child app
*  2018-10-13	When any Attribute Then this command Otherwise that command
***********************************************************************************************************************/

strange. could you please delete both the parent and the child app then recreate them from the code there?

I don't know why that worked but it did!

Now I'm off to play in the sandbox!!

1 Like

Ok first question (of hopefully not too many).

Do attribute measurements operate more like conditions or triggers.

For instance consider:

1. If temperature > 90 then turn off light 1.

Does this trigger when the temperature rises from 89.9 to 90.1 OR does it operate to turn on light 1 when the temperature is 90.1 and any time the temperature is evaluated to be greater than 90. In lay terms, if the temperature changes from 89.9 to 90.1 causing light 1 to turn on and I turn off the light; will the light come on again upon the next refresh of the device when the temperature is still 90.1?