[WITHDRAWN] Unofficial Ring Integration

I'm not able to find my Ring doorbell (original) nor Ring Doorbell Pro. It found my Chime no problem though.

Any tips?

Cheers

Thanks, I was going to ask you for this. I'll get this device added.

Yes, this just means that I don't have those devices mapped to drivers yet. I can add them but I need the "kind" IDs. Do this:

• In Chrome go to https://ring.com/
  • Hit F12 to open the developer console
  • In the developer console click the "Network" tab
  • Login to you account
  • After you login go to the top right and click your name and go to the "Devices" link in the drop down.
  • After you go to devices, look for this call in the network list
    • ring_devices?api_version=11
  • Select that call and go to the response tab
  • Look through the response tab for the device that is missing and tell me what it lists as the "kind"

If you miss it the first time you can hold ctrl and hit F5 and it will force a load of that page and do the devices call again.

I am not home but I did this for my Ring Pro doorbell and received the following result:

"kind":"lpd_v2"

I hope that helps. Looking forward to trying this out.

Cool, yep. @bfara83 got me this one and it's added locally. I'm just waiting for @Royski's RVD kind.

Brilliant. I have:

"kind":"doorbell_v3"
"kind":"doorbell_v4"

I added them to the app,

"doorbell_v3": [name: "Ring Video Doorbell", driver: "Ring Generic Camera", dingable: true],
	"doorbell_v4": [name: "Ring Video Doorbell Pro", driver: "Ring Generic Camera", dingable: true],

And now I have them :slight_smile: Many thanks for the pointer :+1:

@Royski Wow, really? There is a version of the "Video Doorbell Pro" that is "doorbell_v4"? Those pros were starting with "lpd_%".

I guess I will also add "doorbell_v2" and maybe even "doorbell_V1" just in case those are real.

Is your v3 an original Ring Video Doorbell or the Ring Video Doorbell 2?

1 Like

Ah hang on. doorbell_v3 must be the original, and _v4 is the doorbell 2.
Had to check what they looked like lol.

K, fixed.

1 Like

I've been thinking of getting some 'Ring' gear but haven't bothered as yet.
This integration might tip me over the edge and take the plunge.
How are you guys/gals finding this integration and how are you using your devices.
Maybe this question is a bit early but it is nearly Christmas........... :wink: :smile:

Please don't buy Ring devices based on this integration. Buy them or don't buy them for all of the other reasons.

That said, here is how I use it.

• Hubitat schedules my Ring alarm and moves my Ring alarm mode via RM based on time and presence sensors.
  • Hubitat uses my chimes as door chimes and for other various reasons via RM
  • Hubitat controls my outside lights (Floodlights on schedule and events)
  • All of my Ring motion sensors and contact sensors have various minor roles in presence, scenes, etc. throughout the house.
2 Likes

I need to do more research I suppose.
Haven't done much I must admit.

You're really underselling yourself on this one lol. At any time Ring could pull the rug out, and Hubitat could take away the websocket so I suppose it's a good warning to have.

Yeah. I want to dip my toe into this area but I don't know where to start TBH.

Gone off topic. Sorry.

1 Like

Exactly this. Ring is not the friendly, integration ambitious company it used to be. Since Amazon they are interested in Alexa and Alexa only.

Yep, that's been the frustration. Didn't want Ring, or Nest Cam, and ended up getting some Arlo, and they're just as crap. So frustrating. I just didn't want to have to wire/poe everything, but ah well.

1 Like

When I bought my first Ring I was surprised to find out that there is almost no local to local communication. Everything they do, EVERYTHING, goes through the cloud. I was hoping to find out I could reverse engineer a way to get notifications locally, start a SIP call locally, etc. Nope. None of that. These products are complete relics if Amazon decides to turn off the cloud services.

There are some products that can function without the cloud. Then there are some products that need cloud functionality for some things. Then there are these products that need the cloud for literally everything.

1 Like

Install went very easy, Thanks @codahq

I am running these Ring devices right now...

(1) Ring - Pro DB.
(1) Ring - Original DB.
(3) Flood Lights.
(2) Stick up Cam (POE).
(1) Spot light Cam
(2) Chimes.
(1) Chime Pro.
(1) Smart Lighting Bridge.
(2) Smart - Spotlights.
(1) Alarm Base hub.
(3) Alarm Keypads.
(13) Contact Sensors.
(3) Motion Sensors.
(1) Smoke & Carbon Listener.
And probably something else I just can't remember...lol

Will there be an option later to where all 13 of my Ring contact sensors and 3 Ring Motion senors will be listed, as of right now I don't see them.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Opps.. I forgot to click on Create Devices In Alarm Hub. Fixed now!

Thanks again!

1 Like

Has the motion/ring events worked yet for anyone, not having any luck with the polling so far on any if my cameras. It's set to the default of 15 secs but did lower to 10 and didn't make a difference. I did see the first post, more curious than anything since it works fine from Smartthings via HubConnect to my Hubitat hub so using that instead for motion events still.

Really love the Smart Lighting Integration via websocket, works perfectly.

Are you receiving notifications on your phone? If you snooze them there they are snoozed for Hubitat. We basically have to poll for active calls. If motion is snoozed active calls are not created so we don't see anything from Hubitat.