[DEPRECATED] Universal Ecobee Suite, Version 1.8.01

@storageanarchy

Hey Barry,

I can’t get past this part of the setup. No thermostat to select even though I have set it up globally.

That's weird - have you tried any other helpers?

In live logging, do you see cycles running in Ecobee Suite Manager? Does it list the thermostat name(s) in the logs as it goes through a cycle?

So it looks as though the authorization didn't complete correctly. I re-authorized it and now I am seeing the correct log reports. Child apps working correctly now too.

I do see this error from my thermal comfort settings in the logs:
app:50372020-04-13 12:26:28.212 pm errorjava.lang.NumberFormatException: null on line 6349 (setProgramSetpoints)

Thermal Comfort settings:

Hmmm...odd. I just set up a new Thermal Comfort on the installation I just did yesterday using the latest code, and it worked fine. It is possible that something wasn't initialized yet - it can take 3 full cycles before everything is downloaded from the Ecobee cloud. I recommend setting your cycle time to 1 minute, and re-trying.

1 Like

That was it. It has been idling for the past 30 min. Went back in and select done and no errors. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ecobee Suite Hotifxes posted on 14 April 2020 at 10:15am EDT

Fixes issue with hubless SmartThings installations (ES Thermostat and Sensor)

Ecobee Suite Hotfix posted on 14 April 2020 at 12:30pm EDT

Fixes fatal error in setHold() (ES Manager)

After updating to the latest version of all of the apps and drivers I started getting this log message repeatedly, even with the debug log level set to '1':

app:182020-04-16 14:06:23.590 traceChecking for updates...
app:182020-04-16 14:03:23.530 traceChecking for updates...
app:182020-04-16 14:00:23.594 traceChecking for updates...
app:182020-04-16 13:57:23.604 traceChecking for updates...
app:182020-04-16 13:54:23.588 traceChecking for updates...
app:182020-04-16 13:51:23.597 traceChecking for updates...

Can you increase the level of this log message to at least 3?

It's a log entry once every cycle (3 minutes in your case). Think of it as a heartbeat...if it showed nothing in the logs, you wouldn't know if it is alive or not.

Feel free to modify your local copy, if you choose...

Hey All,

Having an issue trying to get this to authenticate with my Ecobee account. I was using the built in app and was having the same issue so figured I would try this but I am getting the same error when logging in. I am on Suite Manager 1.8.29, everytime I try and authenticate it says username/password are invalid. I have changed it 10 times ad everytime it works just fine through a web browser and mobile apps on multiple devices. Not sure what the issue is but guessing it's something on the Ecobee side, any help would be greatly appreciated! Loving Hubitat so far (switching from ST) and this is the last piece I need to get connected.

Did you enable two-factor authentication with Ecobee? I'm not sure it's an issue, but its new so it could be...

If you can't get either to authenticate, then it is definitely an issue on the Ecobee side...

Ecobe Suite Updates posted 18 April 2020 at 2:40pm EDT

This release is primarily cosmetic, and every file has been updated.

Fixes/enhancements include:

• All of the hotfixes that were previously released
  • New "Do Not Disturb" setting for Notifications (in those Helpers that support Notifications).
    IMPORTANT NOTE: You will have to re-enable Notifications in your installed Helpers
  • Fix to stop some attributes from not being updated, and others from being updated even when they don't change
  • MUCH faster processing of sensor updates

Version numbers:

• Ecobee Suite Thermostat, version 1.8.13
  • Ecobee Suite Sensor, version 1.8.07
  • Ecobee Suite Manager, version 1.8.33 HOTFIX 1.8.34 *
  • Ecobee Suite Open Contacts, version 1.8.18 HOTFIX 1.8.19 *
  • Ecobee Suite Quiet Time, version 1.8.06
  • Ecobee Suite Routines, version 1.8.12
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Circulation, version 1.8.08
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Humidity, version 1.8.07
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Mode, version 1.8.16
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Room, version 1.8.12
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Switches, version 1.8.06
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Vents, version 1.8.09
  • Ecobee Suite Zones, version 1.8.08
  • Ecobee Suite Thermal Comfort, version 1.8.11
  • Ecobee Suite Working From Home, version 1.8.12

* HOTFIX Log:

19-04-2020: ES Manager, 1.8.34: fixes typo causing extraneous attribute updates
21-04-2020: ES Open Contacts, 1.8.19: Notifications were not being sent

These updates are recommended for all Ecobee Suite users, on both SmartThings & Hubitat

Still a no go, I was able to link my account via ST just fine (before and after 2FA) not so sure it's n Ecobee's side at this point. Guess I will just keep my ST hub for my thermostats for the time being.

Well, I'm sorry to hear that...I'll go try on my development platform to see if I get the same error.

EDIT: nope, I was able to authenticate no problem with a clean, new installation...

BTW- did you verify that oAuth is enabled for Ecobee Suite Manager???

1 Like

After last update, push notifications won't work, not with Hubitat not with ST...

Are there any errors in Live Logging?

Did you check if they are still configured? In some cases, users have had to re-enable notifications after the last update...

I reinstalled application. Do not see errors, but I do see (notify=null)

Hotfix 1.8.19 of ES Open Contacts should solve the problem...

Thank you!

@storageanarchy

Curious if this is possible:

Scenario 1: The Wifey/Kiddo changes the settings driving the Dad insane

I would like the Ecobee Suite to enforce the settings I have 24/7. My issue is I have a lovely wifey and kiddos who change the settings on the Ecobee itself resulting in 2 hours (based on Ecobee Suite config) of hold time. This messes up everything for comfort throughout the house.

Goal: if the thermostat IS changed manually I would like the Ecobee Suite to trump that change and go back to normal operations.

Scenario 2: Use dashboard to help Comfort Helper learn and adjust better for comfort

Currently I am using the comfort settings of the Ecobee Suite to manage overall house comfort. I truly love this and is THE reason I use this app. BUT, when I set it up initially I (like many) have no clue what temp is acceptable for the household. I only set it up for my comfort.

Goal: Use the HE dashboard to change temp and the Comfort Helper to "learn" the comfort level changes that need to be made. OR (what would be even better from Scenario 1) if changes happen on the Ecobee itself use those request changes to modify comfort levels accordingly without myself having to go into the app and change ranges and such.

Thoughts on these?

Unfortunately, the Ecobee API doesn't discriminate - it allows changes from ANYWHERE, without identifying where they came from. Changes made all look the same, whether made with:

• the Ecobee Mobile App,
  • the Ecobee Web App,
  • Ecobee Suite on both SmartThings & Hubitat, from ANY mobile/web device
  • the native platform integration for Ecobee (or any other integration)
  • Apple Homekit (direct)
  • Alexa native Ecobee Skill
  • Google Home
  • the physical thermostat

Thus there is no way to determine whether a change should be accepted or ignored. The only way to accomplish what you ask is to use a pass code to lock down the thermostat. I do this for my summer rental property, allowing renters only to adjust the temperature between a limited range.

As for the second scenario, unfortunately (again) Applications can't generate/maintain a User Interface other than the preferences page(s), and the Hubitat Dashboard only allows for device attributes to be displayed.

I totally agree that there needs to be a better way to dynamically adjust at least some of the parameters for Thermal Comfort - like adjusting for "exercise time" vs. "typing time". But I haven't been able to come up with a way to do that. I thought about using groups of "virtual switches", but the downside is that it would take 10 just to adjust Metabolic Rate, with the upside that you could easily integrate into Alexa/Google - "Alexa, turn on Housecleaning Mode," for example. I guess I could use Virtual Dimmers, but that would require the user to have some idea of what the appropriate value would be - "Alexa set Metabolic Rate to Two point Seven". So I don't think that is practical either.

I'm totally open to creating solutions for both of these, but as I say: I just don't know how to do what you want in a practical manner. If you have specific suggestions (or better yet, examples), I'd love to see them...

1 Like