[DEPRECATED] Universal Ecobee Suite, Version 1.8.01

I did not see thermostatFanMode, thermostatHold, thermostatMode; not sure the why the value of shtemostatHold is 'autoAway'. I have not change any of the setting under device yet; no helper enabled.

Screenshot from 2020-03-13 09-11-14

These should have auto-populated, but there may be a bug in refreshing the updates (I'm digging into it now).

You can try opening Ecobee Suite Manager, then clicking Done to see if it populates those missing values...

Hi, Does your app allow the control Humidifier Mode (Off, Manual, and Auto /frost control)?

Yes, it does. And there is a Helper designed specifically to calculate the ideal humidity based on indoor temp and the forecasted outdoor low temp...

1 Like

It works now, the dashboard shows up properly after I clicked down in Ecobee suite manager. Thanks.

Good to know...I found the underlying issue, and I'll release it in this weekend's update.

I did in fact replace the battery on that sensor as soon after Ecobee reported it being low.

Today I updated the drivers you outlined had new versions. Directly after all of my sensors dissappeared as devices, all of them.

I rebooted the hub and all sensors came back. That said, once again any rule or dashboard that referred to any sensor attribute before lost all relationships, leaving my rules in disjunct and dashboards showing "Please select an attribute".

I had just reprogrammed everything from losing the motion attribute and now this has occurred.

Appreciate your hard work, but this is frustrating. This never happened with vs 1.7.*, I can't imagine I am the only one that has encountered this.

I totally understand your frustration, and I can but only apologize profusely.

While yours is the first report of the loss of the child devices, it in fact occurred to me on my test/dev platform just yesterday. Version 1.8.** is clearly not as robust in some areas than the 1.7.** release. I am in process of adding code to prevent this from happening again, and I hope to post the resolution later this morning...

Please accept my sincere apologies. This Ecobee Suite is my hobby, but I understand that my users have every right to depend on stable and tested code. I will strive to do better going forward.

I know this is your hobby, I still appreciate all the time and effort you have and continue put into this.

With the loss of the sensors I took the time to rewrite some of my rules, cleaner with less logic statements required. So, there was a silver lining for me.

Thank you for the quick response and attention to this.

Ecobee Suite Updates posted on 15 Mar 2020 at 5:20pm EDT

Although every single component of the Ecobee Suite has been updated with this release, the majority of the Helpers have had only cosmetic updates to the settings pages.

The Key Fixes & Enhancements include:

• Ecobee Suite Manager, version 1.8.11 (hotfix @ 10:20pm EDT)
    • Optimized and hardened initialization code
    • Refactored stat.generateEvent() to ensure proper ordering of updates
  • Ecobee Suite Sensor, version 1.8.03
    • Optimized debugLevel handling
  • Ecobee Suite Thermostat, version 1.8.07
    • Refactored generateEvent() to ensure proper ordering of updates (this should resolve the incomplete initialization of supportedThermostatModes and supportedThermostatFanModes, among other things)
    • Optimized debugLevel handling
  • Ecobee Suite Open Contacts, version 1.8.06
    • Handle situations where events are not reported to the Helper by the platform (e.g., missing "close" events)
    • Cleanup of thermostat mode changes
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Vents, version 1.8.03
    • NEW FEATURE!!! Can now be used to isolate zones instead of having them cooperate (which was the prior default function of this Helper).
      • Use to prevent two air handlers and/or condensers from running at the same time so as to minimize peak electric demand. This is potentially useful in areas that charge more $/kWh based on your peak usage.
      • Can be scheduled for certain days of the week and specific periods of the day
      • Operationally, whenever any one HVAC system start heating/cooling/fan (selectable), this Helper will turn the other HVAC systems off, optionally disabling the fan as well
      • When the cycle completes, all of the other systems will be returned to their prior thermostatMode, thermostatFanMode and fanMinOnTime (circulation)

The above named updates are recommended for ALL users of Ecobee Suite
The rest of the updates are optional, but I always advise updating them all together

1 Like

Hotfix 1.8.11 posted for Ecobee Suite Manager

Fixes unnecessarily skipped polls

1 Like

Ecobee Suite Update posted 18 Mar 2020 at 4:30pm EDT

Fixes:

• Ecobee Suite Smart Mode, version 1.8.04
    • Wasn't checking the temperature or changing setpoints when the location mode changed

This fix is recommended for all users of ES Smart Mode

Hi Barry, I am moving over to Hubitat. Just finished a fresh install. The Ecobee comfort settings are not populating in the Smart Mode helper app. I see the default Home, Away, and Sleep comfort settings, but not any of the user-created ones. Any idea there?

It usually takes 2-3 cycles before this is populated - installs the default ones to start, then adds the rest of them when it sees them from the thermostat/cloud.

What version of ES Manager and ES Thermostat did you install?

Ok I'll give it a few cycles. ES manager 1.8.10a and ES Thermostat 1.8.07

If it doesn't populate, open ES Manager and then Click on "Save"

Turn on Live Logging before you do that, and watch for errors in either ES Manager or ES Thermostat.

You could also try clicking the Force Refresh button on the ES Manager device page...

Still no luck. Both Ecobee devices also show that the only supported Thermostat Mode is Off. No heat, cool, or auto

Weird - and no errors in Live Logging?

Can you send me (PM) a screen shot of the ES Thermostat's Device page? I'm mostly interested in the data on the right side.

Hello Barry,

Thanks for this app. I used to use it on SmartThings (after migrating from the other guy's!) and great to see it here also.

I get the below errors almost daily. Any idea what I can do to fix it please? Thanks

app:22020-03-28 10:16:29.790 pm errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Text must not be null or empty on line 2302 (pollEcobeeAPICallback)

app:22020-03-28 10:16:29.709 pm debugSetting up retryPolling

app:22020-03-28 10:16:29.649 pm errorpollEcobeeAPICallback() - General Exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Text must not be null or empty